ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by Lateagainpostie »

Pretty much the same in our office :

No talking on IPS

No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished

No radio on anymore

It's that bad posties approaching retirement are handing their notice in and leaving early, and I mean 3-4 months early
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by POSTMAN »

No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
I agree with that one,and i'm a smoker. :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:
No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
I agree with that one,and i'm a smoker. :nervous
Only 2 smokers left in my office and neither do IPS so that wouldn't apply in my DO................but then there are only 4/5 people on IPS these day (long deliveries and double/triple preps take up the rest of the people).
BTW how can anyone have time to smoke these days, outside my break I'm constantly on the go and I barely finish on time.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by dblad »

Our DOM has been told to lose 200 indoor hours (small office 40 staff)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this works out at 5 hours per man/woman, 3 hours to do everything.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by DGP1 »

dblad wrote:Our DOM has been told to lose 200 indoor hours (small office 40 staff)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this works out at 5 hours per man/woman, 3 hours to do everything.
200 hours would be per week not per day. Works out at 5 FT staff gone (same thing they keep going on with in my DO).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
mondeoman1
Posts: 133
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by mondeoman1 »

drb wrote:Find out who your divisional rep is
Done that and will be contacting him Monday.
fishtank wrote:
mondeoman1 wrote: i've been in touch with area rep and tried to explain the situation but he wont come to the office as the last time he did the DIM refused him entry and sent him packing.
Isn't that what the gate is for?
Unfortunately not everyone would follow.
Lateagainpostie wrote:Pretty much the same in our office :

No talking on IPS

No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished

No radio on anymore

It's that bad posties approaching retirement are handing their notice in and leaving early, and I mean 3-4 months early
The no talking on IPS really gets my goat, most people can talk and sort perfectly well, the ones that have to stop sorting to talk (we have 3 that can't do both) should be taken off IPS to prep walks. Can they even enforce no talking because they would have to sack me first to stay silent on IPS.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Lateagainpostie wrote:Pretty much the same in our office :

No radio on anymore
How does having a radio on effect how fast people sort? I presume it's just designed to annoy everyone and "Turn the Screw" a bit more. Are they stopping you from listening to an I-Pod? I find I can concentrate and sort faster when I'm not distracted by the "Office Banter" so perhaps they do have a point! :hmmmm But I've never found a radio slows me down! :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
mondeoman1
Posts: 133
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by mondeoman1 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Lateagainpostie wrote:Pretty much the same in our office :

No radio on anymore
How does having a radio on effect how fast people sort? I presume it's just designed to annoy everyone and "Turn the Screw" a bit more. Are they stopping you from listening to an I-Pod? I find I can concentrate and sort faster when I'm not distracted by the "Office Banter" so perhaps they do have a point! :hmmmm But I've never found a radio slows me down! :crazy:
I love the office banter and am a frequent contributor,It keeps me happy and makes me work better. We are all individual and different things make us tick. Removing everything that we all enjoy either individually or collectively is their way trying to grind us down. The trouble is it is working on certain people in my DO and they will end up either being sacked or quitting.

Where is the union?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by clashcityrocker »

Of course a radio can slow you down or speed you up.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.

I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.
I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote: I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
If you can't sort with fingers in your ears it would undoubtedly be a fail. :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Of course a radio can slow you down or speed you up.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.

I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.
I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
:chuckle Inflammable Material, I'm sorting it by hand :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
Was it 78 rpm?
Isn't there scope for alternative lyrics there?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
mondeoman1
Posts: 133
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by mondeoman1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Of course a radio can slow you down or speed you up.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.

I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.

Must have been "At the edge".

I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.

I would have fallen asleep before I got 26 letters sorted, sorry don't like bob much though I know I should.

I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.

Jedward are at their best on celebrity juice.


Last edited by mondeoman1 on 04 Sep 2011, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by clashcityrocker »

Alternative FT? I don't think so

They make us feel indebted
For saving us from hell
And then they put us through it
It's time the bastards fell.

As the great man sang:
Their solutions are our problems.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Alternative FT? I don't think so

They make us feel indebted
For saving us from hell
And then they put us through it
It's time the bastards fell.

As the great man sang:
Their solutions are our problems.
Don't believe them, don't believe them
Don't be bitten twice
You've got a sus-sus-sus-sus-sus-sus-suspect device :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio