ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
claiming fuel
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: claiming fuel
I think Tommy and his mates are short of a shed or 2. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: claiming fuel
Make sure if you ARE entitled to it he pays you the right amount .
I was paid the lesser amount on loads of journeys and it was only when i asked a mate with access to works computer to pay me my fuel that he noticed it was not the full amount i was getting
.
It does mount up so do claim it back . I got back about £300 when i was shipped to another office for 2-3 months .
I was paid the lesser amount on loads of journeys and it was only when i asked a mate with access to works computer to pay me my fuel that he noticed it was not the full amount i was getting
It does mount up so do claim it back . I got back about £300 when i was shipped to another office for 2-3 months .
-
tommythreesheds
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 15:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: claiming fuel
Yes. We have to park them in a different area of the village. Hey, i'm not moaning.....just wondering. 
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: claiming fuel
tommythreesheds wrote:Yes. We have to park them in a different area of the village. Hey, i'm not moaning.....just wondering.
but if its only half a mile,why dont you go and empty the vans first
then go and park up/drive home
surely it takes longer to transfer the stuff to your car than drive direct to the DO?
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: claiming fuel
This really shows what has happened to society in general, using cars for short journeys... How about using a Royal Mail bike to cycle between the depot and the van parking location?tommythreesheds wrote:My fellow posties and i have to drive 1/2 a mile to pick up our vans in the morning. We then finish, park back up, and then drive back in our own cars to the sorting office with trays etc. Ok, its only 5 miles a week, but, 20 miles a month, 240 miles a year.........Moneys money, and fuel is not getting cheaper!
Can we claim anything for this?
-
spankyII
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 01 Sep 2010, 21:07
- Gender: Female
Re: claiming fuel
I've been covering a chap's days off at a different office (sub-office?) for a while now and haven't been offered any mileage. The office is about 5 miles from my normal DO, about 9 miles from my house, obviously the managers would prefer it if I just took my car and kept quiet. Should they have to offer me transport there and back or mileage money? If so would it be mileage from the DO or my house? Is it 40p/mile?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: claiming fuel
You should be going into your normal office and then the management should be getting you out to the sub office. Your finish time should be the time you are back at your own office.spankyII wrote:I've been covering a chap's days off at a different office (sub-office?) for a while now and haven't been offered any mileage. The office is about 5 miles from my normal DO, about 9 miles from my house, obviously the managers would prefer it if I just took my car and kept quiet. Should they have to offer me transport there and back or mileage money? If so would it be mileage from the DO or my house? Is it 40p/mile?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: claiming fuel
Alternatively, if you are happy using your car, you should claim the mileage you do going to the other office minus the mileage you normally do going to your home office.
-
spankyII
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 01 Sep 2010, 21:07
- Gender: Female
Re: claiming fuel
Thanks stormproof. They chose me to cover for the guy specifically because I have a car. They're a little light on vehicles, they've said they could get me there with the mail but there's no way to get me back for my finish time.
Thanks Phil, I'll go in tomorrow and make demands :)
Thanks Phil, I'll go in tomorrow and make demands :)
-
feelikeadogsbody
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: down south
Re: claiming fuel
Whats a royal mail bike then?IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:This really shows what has happened to society in general, using cars for short journeys... How about using a Royal Mail bike to cycle between the depot and the van parking location?tommythreesheds wrote:My fellow posties and i have to drive 1/2 a mile to pick up our vans in the morning. We then finish, park back up, and then drive back in our own cars to the sorting office with trays etc. Ok, its only 5 miles a week, but, 20 miles a month, 240 miles a year.........Moneys money, and fuel is not getting cheaper!
Can we claim anything for this?
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: claiming fuel
Only if your DOM agrees top pay it, our DOM was on holiday, I was loaned to another office, I used my own car after being told I could claim 40p per mile, when the DOM came back he refused to pay it as the loan was for an "extended period" and would be too expensive.pyphon wrote:you only get mileage when you are loaned to another office and use your own transport
Funny thing is, his alternative was for me to use one of the loan office vans to get backwards and forwards, this also means I have to start and finish in my parent office, so they lose an hour a day of my services for my travelling.
Is it me ?
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: claiming fuel
"40p per mile ( not alot in this day and age what with fuel so high )" - get a more efficient vehicle if it's only doing about fifteen miles to the gallon.kizzy wrote:I travel to the delevery office to work but then I choose to travel to my route area and do my round on completion I come home.I understand I can claim fuel at 40p per mile ( not alot in this day and age what with fuel so high ).
But how do I go about this and what bit of the jorney am I entitled to cliam for ?
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: claiming fuel
You should be claiming the mileage in the office you are loaned to not in your parent office. It should not be your office which pays for it.Lateagainpostie wrote:Only if your DOM agrees top pay it, our DOM was on holiday, I was loaned to another office, I used my own car after being told I could claim 40p per mile, when the DOM came back he refused to pay it as the loan was for an "extended period" and would be too expensive.pyphon wrote:you only get mileage when you are loaned to another office and use your own transport
Funny thing is, his alternative was for me to use one of the loan office vans to get backwards and forwards, this also means I have to start and finish in my parent office, so they lose an hour a day of my services for my travelling.
Is it me ?
-
kizzy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 16:43
- Gender: Male
Re: claiming fuel
it 45p a mile you can claim.