By signing what am/did I agree NOT to do?Thorby Bislam wrote:Not only do you have to sign the official secrets act when you start but you have to sign it when you leave too. I recently left RM and was surprised to find that one of the things I had to do was sign the ofa again.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against me
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
Nothing...everybody in the country is covered by the OSA.Indy wrote:By signing what am/did I agree NOT to do?Thorby Bislam wrote:Not only do you have to sign the official secrets act when you start but you have to sign it when you leave too. I recently left RM and was surprised to find that one of the things I had to do was sign the ofa again.
By signing it you are just making it easier to prosecute if you offend.
It's like signing a WTLL brief...you've seen the video now it's your fault.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
So its like I could be prosecuted for divulging the 'meat' (ha ha ha) content of the sausages sold in the RM canteen?fishtank wrote:Nothing...everybody in the country is covered by the OSA.Indy wrote:By signing what am/did I agree NOT to do?Thorby Bislam wrote:Not only do you have to sign the official secrets act when you start but you have to sign it when you leave too. I recently left RM and was surprised to find that one of the things I had to do was sign the ofa again.
By signing it you are just making it easier to prosecute if you offend.
It's like signing a WTLL brief...you've seen the video now it's your fault.
Seriously thought, what information technically could an OPG be aware of that divulging could lead them to be persecuted under the OSA?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
Indy wrote:So its like I could be prosecuted for divulging the 'meat' (ha ha ha) content of the sausages sold in the RM canteen?fishtank wrote:Nothing...everybody in the country is covered by the OSA.Indy wrote:By signing what am/did I agree NOT to do?Thorby Bislam wrote:Not only do you have to sign the official secrets act when you start but you have to sign it when you leave too. I recently left RM and was surprised to find that one of the things I had to do was sign the ofa again.
By signing it you are just making it easier to prosecute if you offend.
It's like signing a WTLL brief...you've seen the video now it's your fault.
Seriously thought, what information technically could an OPG be aware of that divulging could lead them to be persecuted under the OSA?
How about an MP who subscribes to something rather dodgy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
Non-Disclosure Statement – Official Secrets Act and Confidential Information
My attention has been drawn to:
The provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1989 (the “Act”) and that under that Act it is a criminal offence for a Government Contractor (which means any person or body who is employed in the provision of goods or services for the Crown) including any employee of a Government Contractor, to disclose unlawfully any information obtained as a result of such work without authorisation, and fail to safeguard or improperly retain or provide access to documents or articles containing information which it would be an offence under the Act to disclose.
The fact that I must not disclose to any other person, firm or company, or publish or broadcast or use for my own benefit any confidential and/or commercial information relating in any way to the activities, operations or business methods of the Royal Mail Group, or information obtained whilst engaged in Royal Mail Group’s Business except as previously authorised in writing by the Royal Mail Group. Any unauthorised disclosure may amount to a criminal offence.
I am fully aware that serious consequences may follow any breach of these provisions.
I understand that the provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1989 and requirements regarding confidential and/or commercial information may apply to me after my appointment has ceased. I hereby declare to surrender any document made or acquired by me owing to my official position, save such as I have Royal Mail’s written authority to retain.
In signing this contract you confirm that you understand that the provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1989 and requirements regarding confidential and/or commercial information may apply to you
after your appointment has ceased, and you undertake to surrender any document made or acquired by you owing to your official position, save such as you have Royal Mail Group’s written
authority to retain.
My attention has been drawn to:
The provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1989 (the “Act”) and that under that Act it is a criminal offence for a Government Contractor (which means any person or body who is employed in the provision of goods or services for the Crown) including any employee of a Government Contractor, to disclose unlawfully any information obtained as a result of such work without authorisation, and fail to safeguard or improperly retain or provide access to documents or articles containing information which it would be an offence under the Act to disclose.
The fact that I must not disclose to any other person, firm or company, or publish or broadcast or use for my own benefit any confidential and/or commercial information relating in any way to the activities, operations or business methods of the Royal Mail Group, or information obtained whilst engaged in Royal Mail Group’s Business except as previously authorised in writing by the Royal Mail Group. Any unauthorised disclosure may amount to a criminal offence.
I am fully aware that serious consequences may follow any breach of these provisions.
I understand that the provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1989 and requirements regarding confidential and/or commercial information may apply to me after my appointment has ceased. I hereby declare to surrender any document made or acquired by me owing to my official position, save such as I have Royal Mail’s written authority to retain.
In signing this contract you confirm that you understand that the provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1989 and requirements regarding confidential and/or commercial information may apply to you
after your appointment has ceased, and you undertake to surrender any document made or acquired by you owing to your official position, save such as you have Royal Mail Group’s written
authority to retain.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
You seem to think you know all about it, I assume you know lots of teachers and they all start at 9 and finish at 3? With lunch and two playtimes? What do you think she's doing at playtime? Watching over 35 kids not sat drinking coffee.dvbuk55 wrote:Yes I've seen those explanations before - what on earth is she doing from 7.45 until the school opens?
How many times do you need to prepare the same lesson?
How many problem children are there?
As for the nightly meetings and chatteringat that rate should could get a job with the CWU.
Bearing in mind I was being generous with the teaching, there's playtime, lunch, another playtime and all between 9 and 3 and you must have noticed that even after 6 weeks summer holiday - they manage to start the term with a teachers training day
You literally haven't got a clue what teaching entails, and would rather make assumptions based on zero knowledge. After all, all us Posties do is walk in to the office, pick up bag and deliver it isn't it? What else can there be to it?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
OnAFlyer wrote:You seem to think you know all about it, I assume you know lots of teachers and they all start at 9 and finish at 3? With lunch and two playtimes? What do you think she's doing at playtime? Watching over 35 kids not sat drinking coffee.dvbuk55 wrote:Yes I've seen those explanations before - what on earth is she doing from 7.45 until the school opens?
How many times do you need to prepare the same lesson?
How many problem children are there?
As for the nightly meetings and chatteringat that rate should could get a job with the CWU.
Bearing in mind I was being generous with the teaching, there's playtime, lunch, another playtime and all between 9 and 3 and you must have noticed that even after 6 weeks summer holiday - they manage to start the term with a teachers training day
You literally haven't got a clue what teaching entails, and would rather make assumptions based on zero knowledge. After all, all us Posties do is walk in to the office, pick up bag and deliver it isn't it? What else can there be to it?
Strange that the only voices in agreement with your statements are ex teachers or those married to them
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
Come on, all dvbuk55 has said is that the job is thankless at times but the perks do seem to be, well let's say, excellent.
Obviously you are backing up your wife's occupation but you must admit the same yourself.
Obviously you are backing up your wife's occupation but you must admit the same yourself.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: seeking work with the royal mail but CRB may go against
Pat Ostman wrote:Come on, all dvbuk55 has said is that the job is thankless at times but the perks do seem to be, well let's say, excellent.
Obviously you are backing up your wife's occupation but you must admit the same yourself.
JC Pat - they're not thinking of going on strike again surely to god