ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

is it true ??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by dvbuk55 »

jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
Spot on jumbo, by the way is that a trunk or............something else.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by fishtank »

jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
Look who's back in town...
Must be I/A brewing and some picket lines to cross. :roll:
I'll take advice from you jumbo,when hell freezes over. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by POSTMAN »

jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
Pick holes in what they say then,come on,it's not a secret is it?
Image
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: is it true ??

Post by maisymoo04 »

fishtank wrote:
jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
Look who's back in town...
Must be I/A brewing and some picket lines to cross. :roll:
I'll take advice from you jumbo,when hell freezes over. :cuppa
ALRIGHT FISH TANK HOWS IT GOIN MATE :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
jumbo137
Posts: 19
Joined: 29 Mar 2009, 22:35
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by jumbo137 »

Fishtank & Gang
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: is it true ??

Post by DGP1 »

I'm disappointed that I didn't get a personal message, all Fishtank this and Fishtank that :whistle

Do I get to ask about him using his own car :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: is it true ??

Post by maisymoo04 »

DGP1 wrote:I'm disappointed that I didn't get a personal message, all Fishtank this and Fishtank that :whistle

Do I get to ask about him using his own car :nervous
alrite dgp howz it goin mate :Very Happy :wave
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well I for one have my chains and skids ready for the freezing spell, the wifes fur coat, four pairs of thermal long johns should easily last me a year, a beaver hat, no nasty jokes please, wellies and 4 pairs of thick walking socks worn in whatever combination necessary - think I might have to turn the air conditioning off in the locker too.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by fishtank »

Fishtank & Gang
I like the sound of that... :chuckle :chuckle

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: is it true ??

Post by Judgee »

jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank & Gang
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
Well if it was your business would you run it into the ground? Sure times are changing and RM must adapt. I and many on here understand that, it doesn't take a combined family experience of 200 years to see that. You don't have some monopoly on that wisdom, shocking as that must sound to you!

If the changes being made actually helped RMs financial situation then they would have my blessing. They are not, they are destroying the business through thier incompetence and half assed attempts to make money!

Fact: The pension hole has caused a financial drain on the company, caused by management failing to pay thier share of the pot. Yet no one has been brought to account for this?

Fact: P & L is an ineffective and inefficient method of delivery.

Fact: Centralising RM into giant mail hubs is an inappropriate method of cost cutting due to the locational sensitive needs of the business. It may work for banks and alike but it won't save RM money.

Fact: Postcom has been allowed to artificially adjust the market to favour competitors, at the expense of RM.

Fact: Despite increasing losses to the RM, Executives are still sucking the blood out of RM coffers with thier fat cat bonuses. Yet again rewarding themselves for thier failures!

The right changes ARE necessary, RM have proven they couldn't run a pissup in a brewery! :so there
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: is it true ??

Post by maisymoo04 »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well I for one have my chains and skids ready for the freezing spell, the wifes fur coat, four pairs of thermal long johns should easily last me a year, a beaver hat, no nasty jokes please, wellies and 4 pairs of thick walking socks worn in whatever combination necessary - think I might have to turn the air conditioning off in the locker too.
beaver hat hahaha mmmmmm :oops: :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: is it true ??

Post by DGP1 »

maisymoo04 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well I for one have my chains and skids ready for the freezing spell, the wifes fur coat, four pairs of thermal long johns should easily last me a year, a beaver hat, no nasty jokes please, wellies and 4 pairs of thick walking socks worn in whatever combination necessary - think I might have to turn the air conditioning off in the locker too.
beaver hat hahaha mmmmmm :oops: :hmmmm
We're not supposed to laugh :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:
Fishtank & Gang
I like the sound of that... :chuckle :chuckle

Image
Teebs has put on some weight since then. :silenced
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Fishtank & Gang
I like the sound of that... :chuckle :chuckle

Image
Teebs has put on some weight since then. :silenced
Bet he's popular with the ladies though :shock:
jumbo137
Posts: 19
Joined: 29 Mar 2009, 22:35
Gender: Male

Re: is it true ??

Post by jumbo137 »

Judgee wrote:
jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank & Gang
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
Well if it was your business would you run it into the ground? Sure times are changing and RM must adapt. I and many on here understand that, it doesn't take a combined family experience of 200 years to see that. You don't have some monopoly on that wisdom, shocking as that must sound to you!

If the changes being made actually helped RMs financial situation then they would have my blessing. They are not, they are destroying the business through thier incompetence and half assed attempts to make money!

Fact: The pension hole has caused a financial drain on the company, caused by management failing to pay thier share of the pot. Yet no one has been brought to account for this?

Fact: P & L is an ineffective and inefficient method of delivery.

Fact: Centralising RM into giant mail hubs is an inappropriate method of cost cutting due to the locational sensitive needs of the business. It may work for banks and alike but it won't save RM money.

Fact: Postcom has been allowed to artificially adjust the market to favour competitors, at the expense of RM.

Fact: Despite increasing losses to the RM, Executives are still sucking the blood out of RM coffers with thier fat cat bonuses. Yet again rewarding themselves for thier failures!



The right changes ARE necessary, RM have proven they couldn't run a pissup in a brewery! :so there
Judgee dont really agree with all that you have said, I pay into the same pension pot as you so that is not a true fact
Park & loop is not effective but it does take the weight off the shoulder which is what your union wanted
Yet to be seen if giant mail hubs are going to work so your inaccurate on that one also
I agree with the postcomm comment and welcome changes