Spot on jumbo, by the way is that a trunk or............something else.jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
is it true ??
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Look who's back in town...jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
Must be I/A brewing and some picket lines to cross.
I'll take advice from you jumbo,when hell freezes over.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Pick holes in what they say then,come on,it's not a secret is it?jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: is it true ??
ALRIGHT FISH TANK HOWS IT GOIN MATEfishtank wrote:Look who's back in town...jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank , Judgee & gang , just wish you could reply with some sensible mature comments, you just show yourselves for what you are and leave yourselves wide open.
Must be I/A brewing and some picket lines to cross.
I'll take advice from you jumbo,when hell freezes over.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
jumbo137
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 29 Mar 2009, 22:35
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Fishtank & Gang
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: is it true ??
I'm disappointed that I didn't get a personal message, all Fishtank this and Fishtank that
Do I get to ask about him using his own car
Do I get to ask about him using his own car
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: is it true ??
alrite dgp howz it goin mateDGP1 wrote:I'm disappointed that I didn't get a personal message, all Fishtank this and Fishtank that![]()
Do I get to ask about him using his own car
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Well I for one have my chains and skids ready for the freezing spell, the wifes fur coat, four pairs of thermal long johns should easily last me a year, a beaver hat, no nasty jokes please, wellies and 4 pairs of thick walking socks worn in whatever combination necessary - think I might have to turn the air conditioning off in the locker too.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
I like the sound of that...Fishtank & Gang
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: is it true ??
Well if it was your business would you run it into the ground? Sure times are changing and RM must adapt. I and many on here understand that, it doesn't take a combined family experience of 200 years to see that. You don't have some monopoly on that wisdom, shocking as that must sound to you!jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank & Gang
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
If the changes being made actually helped RMs financial situation then they would have my blessing. They are not, they are destroying the business through thier incompetence and half assed attempts to make money!
Fact: The pension hole has caused a financial drain on the company, caused by management failing to pay thier share of the pot. Yet no one has been brought to account for this?
Fact: P & L is an ineffective and inefficient method of delivery.
Fact: Centralising RM into giant mail hubs is an inappropriate method of cost cutting due to the locational sensitive needs of the business. It may work for banks and alike but it won't save RM money.
Fact: Postcom has been allowed to artificially adjust the market to favour competitors, at the expense of RM.
Fact: Despite increasing losses to the RM, Executives are still sucking the blood out of RM coffers with thier fat cat bonuses. Yet again rewarding themselves for thier failures!
The right changes ARE necessary, RM have proven they couldn't run a pissup in a brewery!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: is it true ??
beaver hat hahaha mmmmmmdvbuk55 wrote:Well I for one have my chains and skids ready for the freezing spell, the wifes fur coat, four pairs of thermal long johns should easily last me a year, a beaver hat, no nasty jokes please, wellies and 4 pairs of thick walking socks worn in whatever combination necessary - think I might have to turn the air conditioning off in the locker too.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: is it true ??
We're not supposed to laughmaisymoo04 wrote:beaver hat hahaha mmmmmmdvbuk55 wrote:Well I for one have my chains and skids ready for the freezing spell, the wifes fur coat, four pairs of thermal long johns should easily last me a year, a beaver hat, no nasty jokes please, wellies and 4 pairs of thick walking socks worn in whatever combination necessary - think I might have to turn the air conditioning off in the locker too.![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Teebs has put on some weight since then.fishtank wrote:I like the sound of that...Fishtank & Gang![]()
![]()
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Bet he's popular with the ladies thoughPOSTMAN wrote:Teebs has put on some weight since then.fishtank wrote:I like the sound of that...Fishtank & Gang![]()
![]()
-
jumbo137
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 29 Mar 2009, 22:35
- Gender: Male
Re: is it true ??
Judgee dont really agree with all that you have said, I pay into the same pension pot as you so that is not a true factJudgee wrote:Well if it was your business would you run it into the ground? Sure times are changing and RM must adapt. I and many on here understand that, it doesn't take a combined family experience of 200 years to see that. You don't have some monopoly on that wisdom, shocking as that must sound to you!jumbo137 wrote:Fishtank & Gang
Im not here to advise but I do get riled with some of the responses on here at times. Evereyone of us on here is going through the same experience, and that is the decline of our industry, each one of us has a job to do, and I for one can understand that. Im not some new boy in the business, I have seen the good days, and in my family, cousins including in-laws we have over 200 years service,and this is opg, cwu,cmu, telegram boy, counter staff, so a long time for this service.
We will not change what is happening, we must understand that it will change and may involve more upset, loss of money and jobs.Look at it as if it were your business and you had to make changes to your business to survive, and thats it but on a much bigger scale. Well I wont rant/ write anymore but, and I wish you well and hang in there. Oh by the way, with the amount of rain over the last few days rumour has Hell might well freeze over, but remember if it does, risk assess before going near it.
If the changes being made actually helped RMs financial situation then they would have my blessing. They are not, they are destroying the business through thier incompetence and half assed attempts to make money!
Fact: The pension hole has caused a financial drain on the company, caused by management failing to pay thier share of the pot. Yet no one has been brought to account for this?
Fact: P & L is an ineffective and inefficient method of delivery.
Fact: Centralising RM into giant mail hubs is an inappropriate method of cost cutting due to the locational sensitive needs of the business. It may work for banks and alike but it won't save RM money.
Fact: Postcom has been allowed to artificially adjust the market to favour competitors, at the expense of RM.
Fact: Despite increasing losses to the RM, Executives are still sucking the blood out of RM coffers with thier fat cat bonuses. Yet again rewarding themselves for thier failures!
The right changes ARE necessary, RM have proven they couldn't run a pissup in a brewery!
Park & loop is not effective but it does take the weight off the shoulder which is what your union wanted
Yet to be seen if giant mail hubs are going to work so your inaccurate on that one also
I agree with the postcomm comment and welcome changes