ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20yr service (vouchers)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
human1
Posts: 223
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: 20yr service (vouchers)

Post by human1 »

Are you sure ? I am in 35th years now ... after 30 years I didn't get anything like which you just mentioned :Sick I think I got £150 high street vouchers.
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: 20yr service (vouchers)

Post by lekker »

baldrick wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote:cheers.
is it only vouchers or do they still offer all sorts of crap that a tramp would throw away?
For 30 years service, you can choose between a woman's 10K gold ring, a Samsung 12mp digital camera, a Pierre Cardin luggage set, Bushnell 7 21x40 binoculars, Samsung SD Flash Camcorder, 14K Gold Earrings, 9K White Gold Diamond Pendant, Apple iPod 8GB Nano,
Gift Aid Charitable Donation, 30-Year Rolled Gold Stamp Lapel Pin (!), One4All Multi-Store Gift Card, or the £150 worth of vouchers for a named retailer (Argos/John Lewis/Currys/Virgin Experience Days/Thomas Cook/PC World/M&S) .

so that's what I turned down :Very Happy
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: 20yr service (vouchers)

Post by baldrick »

oxon786 wrote:Are you sure ? I am in 35th years now ... after 30 years I didn't get anything like which you just mentioned :Sick I think I got £150 high street vouchers.
You get to choose one of those now. They send you a brochure and you make a choice. I got mine recently.
Most people (including me) choose the £150 worth of vouchers - I'm putting them towards a new washing machine as mine is on it's last legs (13 years old).
The brochure is sent by a company called eaward centre who you ring to tell them what you want. The guy who I spoke to must have congratulated me about 6 times for having completed 30 years service!