Worshiping appreciated DGP. I have been practicing on a Cycle and managed to knock off many "Ends of walls/top capings" as I rode off and hit them with the panniers!DGP1 wrote:Dorset Plodder wrote:Reversed me van into one of those low garden walls! Knocked over about 5 metres worth! Got out had a look around...no-one had seen me so I buggered off sharpish like!!!Never heard anything about it.
![]()
![]()
I once knocked over a bit of a garden wall when my bag caught on it but nothing in your league.................I'm not worthy
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
You're such a smoothy Skull! Ding Dong!skull wrote:I broke loads of ladies hearts when I picked a different walk in the last repick . There again their loss was a gain for the ladies on my new walk ..
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Straight4ward wrote:POSTMAN, were you thinking of this one?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Same thing happened to one of our guys. Only it was a vase. As he was writing a note out, a cat came rubbing round his ankles. So he picked the cat up and put it through the window. Next day the householder had a moan at him about next-doors cat breaking their vase.joesmyth912 wrote:, had a large package today and the people werent in but had seen an open window so dropped it in the window as it didnt need signed . On the way to the ground it caught a small bowl on the window cill and smashed on the groung
As for me: I was pushing a catalogue or something through a letterbox once and it was obvious there was something leaned against it. I gave it a harder push and there was a clatter as it fell down. Followed by the sound of a little child breaking into tears. But then I heard a woman's voice going "poor baby, you've pulled the pushchair down on top of you". I slunk silently away.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
My friend managed to destroy an awning outside a bakers shop when reversing without looking behind him! 
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
One time I broke a sweat, but it was a very hot and humid day! 
-
wannabe
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Walked into a lantern attached to a wall right next to the front door, knocked it clean off. Good job I was wearing my bike helmet else it'd have bloody hurt. 