ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

DGP1 wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Reversed me van into one of those low garden walls! Knocked over about 5 metres worth! Got out had a look around...no-one had seen me so I buggered off sharpish like!!! :Very Happy Never heard anything about it. :nana
:left: :left:
I once knocked over a bit of a garden wall when my bag caught on it but nothing in your league.................I'm not worthyImage
Worshiping appreciated DGP. I have been practicing on a Cycle and managed to knock off many "Ends of walls/top capings" as I rode off and hit them with the panniers! :left: I normally stop and "Try" to rebuild the wall, as it's fairly bloody obvious who's done it! :d'oh!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

skull wrote:I broke loads of ladies hearts when I picked a different walk in the last repick . There again their loss was a gain for the ladies on my new walk . :chuckle .
You're such a smoothy Skull! Ding Dong! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by POSTMAN »

Straight4ward wrote:POSTMAN, were you thinking of this one?
Dropped in the wash.jpg
:Very Happy :nana
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Thorby Bislam »

joesmyth912 wrote:, had a large package today and the people werent in but had seen an open window so dropped it in the window as it didnt need signed . On the way to the ground it caught a small bowl on the window cill and smashed on the groung
Same thing happened to one of our guys. Only it was a vase. As he was writing a note out, a cat came rubbing round his ankles. So he picked the cat up and put it through the window. Next day the householder had a moan at him about next-doors cat breaking their vase.

As for me: I was pushing a catalogue or something through a letterbox once and it was obvious there was something leaned against it. I gave it a harder push and there was a clatter as it fell down. Followed by the sound of a little child breaking into tears. But then I heard a woman's voice going "poor baby, you've pulled the pushchair down on top of you". I slunk silently away.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
George door to dawes
Posts: 378
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
Gender: Female

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by George door to dawes »

My friend managed to destroy an awning outside a bakers shop when reversing without looking behind him! :chuckle
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

One time I broke a sweat, but it was a very hot and humid day! :left:
wannabe
Posts: 13
Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by wannabe »

Walked into a lantern attached to a wall right next to the front door, knocked it clean off. Good job I was wearing my bike helmet else it'd have bloody hurt. :wink: