Day Ja Voo
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Spelling
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Spelling
Day Ja Voo
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Spelling
And it aint just us...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=18904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=18904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Spelling
And, having taken a six month course in modern office proceedures etc, I find that that a lot of grammar, punctuation, and spelling, is different from the way we were taught .
As long as you can understand what someone means, what's the problem?
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Spelling
Does my post say everyone on here suffers from dyslexia? My point was just because you cant spell doesnt mean your a thicko! For instance i would consider myself fairly intelligent but honestly i cant spell for sh**!ElvisGaddafi wrote:So you're saying that most of the posties on this site suffer from dyslexia?George door to dawes wrote:I have Firefox and doesnt work for some reason even though its turned on in the option menu.taurus88 wrote:I'm a reasonably educated man, yet I work for Royal Mail. I'm sure there are many different kinds of people working within RM for all manner of reasons. I work for RM because the choice I had was to accept the job, or else face more months of unemployment. I think it was a pretty straightforward choice in retrospect.Eric Cantona wrote:If your that good and educated why are you working for Royal Mail?ElvisGaddafi wrote:I know the procedure on this site is to not draw attention to spelling mistakes just for the sake of it, so I won't. But having just read through a few posts, virtually none of which were spelt 100% correctly, I have a question. Does nobody care that non employees reading these forums must think that we are all a load of thick bastards?
Regarding spell-checkers, I have one built in to Firefox, but I generally ignore it because I am lazy.
Why is spelling being discussed as a indicator of intelligence anyway? Albert Einstein had dislexia so that throws that theory out of the window. And intelligent or not we all have to eat and pay the bills so whats wrong with working in Royal Mail? I know a few lads at the office with degrees doesnt mean anything when the economy is screwed and all jobs are scarce.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Spelling
A. A. MilneMy spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Spelling
"and the letters get in the wrong places" - that's very serious in this job.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A. A. MilneMy spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Spelling
Very serious! Do it too often and they will promote you to line manager!Lounge Lizard wrote:"and the letters get in the wrong places" - that's very serious in this job.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A. A. MilneMy spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.![]()
![]()