ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
gremah
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I Broke my arm catching a child falling out of a burning house and sill finished my round
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
During my very first week, I did the same, only the glass pane didn't break, it just fell onto the floorfishtank wrote:Knocked too hard on the glass pane of the door and broke it.![]()
Broke loads of gates and letter boxes over the years.![]()
A couple of garden ornaments and a door mirror...![]()
Random kids toys lying about.![]()
I'm a bit of a clumsy fecker..
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I confess that I may have been too forceful with the previously sticky toughened glass sliding door that you had (without my knowledge) fixed, but ,the 24" metal dolphin door knocker that appeared overnight and KO'd me was not my fault. Also the spontaneous combustion of the 30' hawthorn tree that wiped out the estates electricity supply and cable TV ,whilst not exactly spontaneous,was an entirely unpredictable random event.
Bye
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
B mate, you're a genius and I bow down to youBELIAL wrote:I confess that I may have been too forceful with the previously sticky toughened glass sliding door that you had (without my knowledge) fixed, but ,the 24" metal dolphin door knocker that appeared overnight and KO'd me was not my fault. Also the spontaneous combustion of the 30' hawthorn tree that wiped out the estates electricity supply and cable TV ,whilst not exactly spontaneous,was an entirely unpredictable random event.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
chunk wrote:I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
Broken bones in wrist--overnight a customer had relaid his path, putting in a couple of steps-- trip!
Several skint knees and hands-mainly again due to badly laid pavements.
Several dunts to head via hanging baskets, leaving skin behind! (my dna graces thousands of houses!)
Dog bites, attacks by flying cats--the list goes on!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Didn't you extinguish the fire, or were you just bothered about getting home early ?gremah wrote:I Broke my arm catching a child falling out of a burning house and sill finished my round
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Only thing ive done, well not broken nothing, just first week i was let loose on my own, i was busting for a s**t and went in some guys flat, got a complaint the next day saying id left his toilet in a state.
was funny watching my lino making wafting signs and saying smelly.
was funny watching my lino making wafting signs and saying smelly.
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
dohnut wrote:skull wrote:I broke loads of ladies hearts when I picked a different walk in the last repick . There again their loss was a gain for the ladies on my new walk ..
Dick. [/quote= "dohnut"]
No , nothing like that . I think your imagination is running away with you or you've posted on the wrong forum by mistake .
-
viking
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 21:22
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Have noticed that there is a tendency for people to prop up things at the back of the doors and thus making it difficult sometimes for us posties to push longer items through the letterbox!! It happened to me one morning, i pushed a longish packet through and in turn pushed over an ironing board, which in turn fell against someting breakable in the hall. All i heard was CRASH and something breaking 
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I've pushed over a pram and some ladders, but the best one happened around 10 years ago. It was one of those victorian terraced houses where the letterbox is on the front and is straight into the living room, I started to push a thick large flat through and something was in the way so I gave it a shove. I heard a big crash, looked through the window and the Christmas Tree had gone overviking wrote:Have noticed that there is a tendency for people to prop up things at the back of the doors and thus making it difficult sometimes for us posties to push longer items through the letterbox!! It happened to me one morning, i pushed a longish packet through and in turn pushed over an ironing board, which in turn fell against someting breakable in the hall. All i heard was CRASH and something breaking
I ran away and never heard anything about it.
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
pushed a york into a display of potatoes in a supermarket with a p/o in it. it was like trying to stop an avalanche when they all came tumbling down, left a bit red faced.
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I've kicked a few pints of milk over back when we used to get out early.
-
Lovemoney
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
chunk wrote:I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
That's why you're meant to wear a Cycle helmet, nothing to do with traffic accidents! That skid lid has saved me from many encounters with "The Hanging Basket"!Lovemoney wrote:chunk wrote:I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
this sound familiar to me... bang my head to the hanging basket, knock my elbow to wheely bin, really trip over uneven drive and small silly things...
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)