ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by chunk »

I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
gremah
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by gremah »

I Broke my arm catching a child falling out of a burning house and sill finished my round
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by wiganpostie »

fishtank wrote:Knocked too hard on the glass pane of the door and broke it. :oops:
Broke loads of gates and letter boxes over the years. :oops:
A couple of garden ornaments and a door mirror... :oops:
Random kids toys lying about. :whistle
I'm a bit of a clumsy fecker.. :oops:
During my very first week, I did the same, only the glass pane didn't break, it just fell onto the floor :left: I put the packet for the customer through the gap in the door and went merrily on my way :whistle
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by BELIAL »

I confess that I may have been too forceful with the previously sticky toughened glass sliding door that you had (without my knowledge) fixed, but ,the 24" metal dolphin door knocker that appeared overnight and KO'd me was not my fault. Also the spontaneous combustion of the 30' hawthorn tree that wiped out the estates electricity supply and cable TV ,whilst not exactly spontaneous,was an entirely unpredictable random event.
Bye
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by DGP1 »

BELIAL wrote:I confess that I may have been too forceful with the previously sticky toughened glass sliding door that you had (without my knowledge) fixed, but ,the 24" metal dolphin door knocker that appeared overnight and KO'd me was not my fault. Also the spontaneous combustion of the 30' hawthorn tree that wiped out the estates electricity supply and cable TV ,whilst not exactly spontaneous,was an entirely unpredictable random event.
B mate, you're a genius and I bow down to you :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by stokes11eg »

chunk wrote:I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.
:Very Happy True! So far far me--several twisted ankles slipping off theose wretched shiny tiled steps--those ones that crumble under your feet.
Broken bones in wrist--overnight a customer had relaid his path, putting in a couple of steps-- trip!
Several skint knees and hands-mainly again due to badly laid pavements.
Several dunts to head via hanging baskets, leaving skin behind! (my dna graces thousands of houses!)
Dog bites, attacks by flying cats--the list goes on!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

gremah wrote:I Broke my arm catching a child falling out of a burning house and sill finished my round
Didn't you extinguish the fire, or were you just bothered about getting home early ? :shock: :crazy: :shock:
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by RetroJunkie »

Only thing ive done, well not broken nothing, just first week i was let loose on my own, i was busting for a s**t and went in some guys flat, got a complaint the next day saying id left his toilet in a state.

was funny watching my lino making wafting signs and saying smelly.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by skull »

dohnut wrote:
skull wrote:I broke loads of ladies hearts when I picked a different walk in the last repick . There again their loss was a gain for the ladies on my new walk . :chuckle .

Dick. [/quote= "dohnut"]


No , nothing like that . I think your imagination is running away with you or you've posted on the wrong forum by mistake . :nervous
viking
Posts: 245
Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 21:22
Gender: Female

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by viking »

Have noticed that there is a tendency for people to prop up things at the back of the doors and thus making it difficult sometimes for us posties to push longer items through the letterbox!! It happened to me one morning, i pushed a longish packet through and in turn pushed over an ironing board, which in turn fell against someting breakable in the hall. All i heard was CRASH and something breaking :shock:
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by OnAFlyer »

viking wrote:Have noticed that there is a tendency for people to prop up things at the back of the doors and thus making it difficult sometimes for us posties to push longer items through the letterbox!! It happened to me one morning, i pushed a longish packet through and in turn pushed over an ironing board, which in turn fell against someting breakable in the hall. All i heard was CRASH and something breaking :shock:
I've pushed over a pram and some ladders, but the best one happened around 10 years ago. It was one of those victorian terraced houses where the letterbox is on the front and is straight into the living room, I started to push a thick large flat through and something was in the way so I gave it a shove. I heard a big crash, looked through the window and the Christmas Tree had gone over :oops:

I ran away and never heard anything about it. :chuckle
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by silly suffolk »

pushed a york into a display of potatoes in a supermarket with a p/o in it. it was like trying to stop an avalanche when they all came tumbling down, left a bit red faced.
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Royal_Fail »

I've kicked a few pints of milk over back when we used to get out early.
Lovemoney
Posts: 45
Joined: 12 May 2011, 22:53
Gender: Female

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Lovemoney »

chunk wrote:I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.

:hmmmm this sound familiar to me... bang my head to the hanging basket, knock my elbow to wheely bin, really trip over uneven drive and small silly things... :evil/mad
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Lovemoney wrote:
chunk wrote:I can honestly say that peoples property has done more damage to me! Than vis versa.
Hanging baskets briar, blackberry ,hawthorn and concrete planters.

:hmmmm this sound familiar to me... bang my head to the hanging basket, knock my elbow to wheely bin, really trip over uneven drive and small silly things... :evil/mad
That's why you're meant to wear a Cycle helmet, nothing to do with traffic accidents! That skid lid has saved me from many encounters with "The Hanging Basket"! :Very Happy No joking we had a lad that was knocked out when he walked full pelt into a newly fitted, low-level, satellite dish! :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)