ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Our right to a quiet working environment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mondeoman1
Posts: 133
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by mondeoman1 »

wayoutman wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:You wont beat them join them :arrrghhh
Ansells Bittermen or Tetleys Bittermen ? :shock: :nana :shock:
Tetleys Bittermen-

leeds or wolverhampton

Wolverhampton now. Leeds brewery closed on Friday.
CLINTEASTWOOD1
Posts: 40
Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 08:22
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by CLINTEASTWOOD1 »

go ahead punch somebody and get the sack plus a record, and your work mates perhaps think your a grumpy git anyway and will be glad your gone cheers!
Lovemoney
Posts: 45
Joined: 12 May 2011, 22:53
Gender: Female

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Lovemoney »

what do you all expect working in RM :d'oh! :d'oh!
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

DGP1 wrote:Just because you don't like it then it shouldn't happen :hmmmm Just do what I do and zone out and concentrate on your work, it's you who needs to change not everybody else :Very Happy
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise how selfish I was being. It must be so tough for my colleagues having to put up with me quietly getting on with my work. I really must try harder to drive my colleagues to the edge of sanity with my polite conversation at a normal volume.
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by anTi »

"my office is more like what I imagine a psychiatric unit must be like"

Perfectly sums it up really. Ive worked in 2 offices and there are SO many people who are not right in the head. I put it down to too many years of lost sleep and a repetitive repetitive repetitive job.

I relate to the xmas song singing person! AND Ive worked with a guy who used to bark like a dog!

Jesus christ :hmmmm
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by DGP1 »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Just because you don't like it then it shouldn't happen :hmmmm Just do what I do and zone out and concentrate on your work, it's you who needs to change not everybody else :Very Happy
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise how selfish I was being. It must be so tough for my colleagues having to put up with me quietly getting on with my work. I really must try harder to drive my colleagues to the edge of sanity with my polite conversation at a normal volume.
Jeez lighten up, you want everybody to bend to you and aren't prepared to do anything yourself, if it's really a problem to you then put in a grievance but if it's upheld then you will be working in a library, no sounds other than the hum of the lights...................you can't have it both ways, that is being selfish. :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by dvbuk55 »

George door to dawes wrote:
Indy wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Get some earplugs. :wink:

Seriously though you get this type of banter in these type of work environments so either join in, ignore it or get some personal music to listen to.
Can't its a health and safety issue.... you need to be able to hear the fire alarms and an "Oi! get out of the way!" if needed. DOM here is trying to ban iPods etc on these grounds!
What about deaf people? Thats what the flashing fire alarm strobes are for!
:shock: Flashing fire alarm strobes?????????????????? not that I've noticed and we presumably have a current fire certificate.
CLINTEASTWOOD1
Posts: 40
Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 08:22
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by CLINTEASTWOOD1 »

DGP1 wrote:
Viewfindergeneral wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Just because you don't like it then it shouldn't happen :hmmmm Just do what I do and zone out and concentrate on your work, it's you who needs to change not everybody else :Very Happy
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise how selfish I was being. It must be so tough for my colleagues having to put up with me quietly getting on with my work. I really must try harder to drive my colleagues to the edge of sanity with my polite conversation at a normal volume.
Jeez lighten up, you want everybody to bend to you and aren't prepared to do anything yourself, if it's really a problem to you then put in a grievance but if it's upheld then you will be working in a library, no sounds other than the hum of the lights...................you can't have it both ways, that is being selfish. :roll:
TRUE i think this guy is not happy unless he"s moaning, we have people like that in our office to.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by POSTMAN »

What about the cruds who think playing music through their phones is beneficial to everyone. :silenced
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:What about the cruds who think playing music through their phones is beneficial to everyone. :silenced
Or the 3 different radios playing, one of the reasons I love being outside and not inside.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:In the small office where I work there are certain colleagues that are driving me insane with their constant inane drivel. Every day is the same; talking complete bull****, repeating the same catchphrases over and over every day which may be amusing on hearing once but not repeated every day ad nauseam, tuneless whistling and singing, and their constant complaint of how much work they have to do and how hard they work then always being first to finish usually hours before their contracted finish time.

It is really getting to the stage where I am going to flip and somebody is going to get their teeth rammed down their throat. I am not a violent person but there is only so much anyone can take. I am not suggesting a library like environment, I obviously expect the usual workplace banter but what happens in my office is more like what I imagine a psychiatric unit must be like. The way things are going I may get to find out first-hand.
Either you work in the same office as me or every office is just the same. There's a depressing thought.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by bunkerland »

Viewfindergeneral wrote: I am going to flip and somebody is going to get their teeth rammed down their throat. I am not a violent person
:hmmmm :hmmmm ;liar :wink:
feelikeadogsbody
Posts: 66
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
Gender: Male
Location: down south

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by feelikeadogsbody »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:In the small office where I work there are certain colleagues that are driving me insane with their constant inane drivel. Every day is the same; talking complete bull****, repeating the same catchphrases over and over every day which may be amusing on hearing once but not repeated every day ad nauseam, tuneless whistling and singing, and their constant complaint of how much work they have to do and how hard they work then always being first to finish usually hours before their contracted finish time.

It is really getting to the stage where I am going to flip and somebody is going to get their teeth rammed down their throat. I am not a violent person but there is only so much anyone can take. I am not suggesting a library like environment, I obviously expect the usual workplace banter but what happens in my office is more like what I imagine a psychiatric unit must be like. The way things are going I may get to find out first-hand.
Get over yourself you gigantic minje, lighten up ,join in you might enjoy yourself :Very Happy
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Dorset Plodder »

wayoutman wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:You wont beat them join them :arrrghhh
Ansells Bittermen or Tetleys Bittermen ? :shock: :nana :shock:
Tetleys Bittermen-

leeds or wolverhampton
Tetleys Bitter Men Hard as Nails....Depending on How Pissed they are Depends on How Hard they are! :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Stormproof »

Some mornings I could do without all the noise but tbh most mornings its a laugh and we all love it. You would be lying if you did'nt.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum