ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job....?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

I have never been so insulted..............well not since yesterday :Very Happy
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:I have never been so insulted..............well not since yesterday :Very Happy
:silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by post_bitch »

not me royal mail for life

:Boo hoo!
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by fishtank »

post_bitch wrote:not me royal mail for life

:Boo hoo!
I thought you worked in a bank...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Darren Bent »

When shopping in tesco today, there is a guy who worked for them were asking me how to become a postman as he is desperate to work for Royal Mail.

I told him where to get the application form and told him it might be another six months wait for interview/job. I told him you won't get full time job, but he say he only have 25 hours a week for Tesco. It doesn't seem to bother him. :crazy:
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by internetguy »

well guys, i've just about done 2 weeks in the new job and can honestly say i did the right thing. the job is so more easy going. i thought i'd just be driving but the jobs varied. i do everything from sorting my own run out such as picking all the gear i need for that run, sorting the paperwork out, a bit of work on the pc, drinking plenty of coffee and chatting to new work mates who are a pretty cool bunch. with it been a ruralish area theres only a small crew of about 18 people to get along with. pretty cool.....
as for the training, i got 4 days shown all the runs and 1 day in the warehouse. loads to take in but its all good. the max mumber drops for a day seems to be around 30-35 from the guys who know the job, im at about 24-26 at the moment. its my saturday morning ths week (i do every other), im told to expect to do about 8-10......
its a shame RM's going the way it is, use to be a good company, now its just corrupt as f**k and im so pleased i got this job, granted i took a bit of a cut but so what, my body was dropping to bits an im only 41....anyway, enough from me, just thought i'd let you know and Tman, yes you were wrong on this occasion :wink:
Tman
Posts: 4147
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Tman »

As if you'd bother to come back on here and say the new job was crap...

Still, it's only been two weeks....wonder how you'll think after six months?

Best of luck, anyway. Let's hope you've done the right thing for you.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Caniel »

wiganpostie wrote:
internetguy wrote:I know I am. i've really taken a dislike to the job recently. I've never felt as tired as I do now as I never get 2 days off together to recover. d2d junk is getting to me and to top it off, I've developed rock hard skin on both my big toes, physical damage caused by all the milage I cover. heres hoping 2011 brings wealth and of course, a new job.....

soz for the rant, I just remembered I have to go to the hell hole in 8 hours.....
My dislike of the job is cyclical. I'll go through a period of a few weeks where I can't stand it, swearing to myself that I'm going to get out, then the mist lifts and i think it's an alright job for a few weeks before it all starts over again. :crazy:
That's so true.

Regarding looking for a new job tho, does anyone know if driving the artic lorries for RM is easy to transfer into? I wouldn't mind a crack at that, beats getting knackered knees on delivery.
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by internetguy »

Tman wrote:As if you'd bother to come back on here and say the new job was crap...

Still, it's only been two weeks....wonder how you'll think after six months?

Best of luck, anyway. Let's hope you've done the right thing for you.
haha, you make me laugh. of course i've done the right thing, but then again...i really enjoyed having sore feet/knees/back, power walking for 4 1/2 - 5 hours a day in all weathers, everything regarding the DIMs (such a nice bunch), and so on.........
and of course i would say if i though the job was crap, why on earth wouldnt i.....?, i'll let you know in 6 months anyway.
Tman
Posts: 4147
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Tman »

and of course i would say if i though the job was crap, why on earth wouldnt i.....?,
After giving it all the biggies on here, I'm sure you really would say "err I've made a mistake leaving RM" after just two weeks in the new one. Yep, I'm sure you would. :whistle
brasseye
Posts: 69
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by brasseye »

I cant wait to leave Royal Mail, totally had enough... problem is there aint much out there.
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by internetguy »

Tman wrote:
and of course i would say if i though the job was crap, why on earth wouldnt i.....?,
After giving it all the biggies on here, I'm sure you really would say "err I've made a mistake leaving RM" after just two weeks in the new one. Yep, I'm sure you would. :whistle
your just full of s**t mate, and you also sound a bit jealous.....and yes i would actually say if the job was crap..... :wave
Tman
Posts: 4147
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Tman »

Hmmm....bit aggressive there...."methinks he doth protest too much"...

Who you trying to convince, us or yourself? :chuckle :chuckle
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by sidewinder »

Good luck to internetguy. He had the bottle to take a pay cut and leave this sack of shite job. Best move I made leaving as well. I've been gone over the 6 month timeslot now and don't miss anything about the job , not even the banter.