ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job....?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I have never been so insulted..............well not since yesterday 
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
dvbuk55 wrote:I have never been so insulted..............well not since yesterday
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
not me royal mail for life

clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I thought you worked in a bank...post_bitch wrote:not me royal mail for life
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
When shopping in tesco today, there is a guy who worked for them were asking me how to become a postman as he is desperate to work for Royal Mail.
I told him where to get the application form and told him it might be another six months wait for interview/job. I told him you won't get full time job, but he say he only have 25 hours a week for Tesco. It doesn't seem to bother him.
I told him where to get the application form and told him it might be another six months wait for interview/job. I told him you won't get full time job, but he say he only have 25 hours a week for Tesco. It doesn't seem to bother him.
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
well guys, i've just about done 2 weeks in the new job and can honestly say i did the right thing. the job is so more easy going. i thought i'd just be driving but the jobs varied. i do everything from sorting my own run out such as picking all the gear i need for that run, sorting the paperwork out, a bit of work on the pc, drinking plenty of coffee and chatting to new work mates who are a pretty cool bunch. with it been a ruralish area theres only a small crew of about 18 people to get along with. pretty cool.....
as for the training, i got 4 days shown all the runs and 1 day in the warehouse. loads to take in but its all good. the max mumber drops for a day seems to be around 30-35 from the guys who know the job, im at about 24-26 at the moment. its my saturday morning ths week (i do every other), im told to expect to do about 8-10......
its a shame RM's going the way it is, use to be a good company, now its just corrupt as f**k and im so pleased i got this job, granted i took a bit of a cut but so what, my body was dropping to bits an im only 41....anyway, enough from me, just thought i'd let you know and Tman, yes you were wrong on this occasion
as for the training, i got 4 days shown all the runs and 1 day in the warehouse. loads to take in but its all good. the max mumber drops for a day seems to be around 30-35 from the guys who know the job, im at about 24-26 at the moment. its my saturday morning ths week (i do every other), im told to expect to do about 8-10......
its a shame RM's going the way it is, use to be a good company, now its just corrupt as f**k and im so pleased i got this job, granted i took a bit of a cut but so what, my body was dropping to bits an im only 41....anyway, enough from me, just thought i'd let you know and Tman, yes you were wrong on this occasion
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
As if you'd bother to come back on here and say the new job was crap...
Still, it's only been two weeks....wonder how you'll think after six months?
Best of luck, anyway. Let's hope you've done the right thing for you.
Still, it's only been two weeks....wonder how you'll think after six months?
Best of luck, anyway. Let's hope you've done the right thing for you.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
That's so true.wiganpostie wrote:My dislike of the job is cyclical. I'll go through a period of a few weeks where I can't stand it, swearing to myself that I'm going to get out, then the mist lifts and i think it's an alright job for a few weeks before it all starts over again.internetguy wrote:I know I am. i've really taken a dislike to the job recently. I've never felt as tired as I do now as I never get 2 days off together to recover. d2d junk is getting to me and to top it off, I've developed rock hard skin on both my big toes, physical damage caused by all the milage I cover. heres hoping 2011 brings wealth and of course, a new job.....
soz for the rant, I just remembered I have to go to the hell hole in 8 hours.....
Regarding looking for a new job tho, does anyone know if driving the artic lorries for RM is easy to transfer into? I wouldn't mind a crack at that, beats getting knackered knees on delivery.
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
haha, you make me laugh. of course i've done the right thing, but then again...i really enjoyed having sore feet/knees/back, power walking for 4 1/2 - 5 hours a day in all weathers, everything regarding the DIMs (such a nice bunch), and so on.........Tman wrote:As if you'd bother to come back on here and say the new job was crap...
Still, it's only been two weeks....wonder how you'll think after six months?
Best of luck, anyway. Let's hope you've done the right thing for you.
and of course i would say if i though the job was crap, why on earth wouldnt i.....?, i'll let you know in 6 months anyway.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
After giving it all the biggies on here, I'm sure you really would say "err I've made a mistake leaving RM" after just two weeks in the new one. Yep, I'm sure you would.and of course i would say if i though the job was crap, why on earth wouldnt i.....?,
-
brasseye
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I cant wait to leave Royal Mail, totally had enough... problem is there aint much out there.
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
your just full of s**t mate, and you also sound a bit jealous.....and yes i would actually say if the job was crap.....Tman wrote:After giving it all the biggies on here, I'm sure you really would say "err I've made a mistake leaving RM" after just two weeks in the new one. Yep, I'm sure you would.and of course i would say if i though the job was crap, why on earth wouldnt i.....?,
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Hmmm....bit aggressive there...."methinks he doth protest too much"...
Who you trying to convince, us or yourself?

Who you trying to convince, us or yourself?
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Good luck to internetguy. He had the bottle to take a pay cut and leave this sack of shite job. Best move I made leaving as well. I've been gone over the 6 month timeslot now and don't miss anything about the job , not even the banter.