ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
The argument about not agreeing the O/T before you go out can work another way - if management can refuse you the O/T for not informing them beforhand, then effectively you are delivering/driving OMV/in possesion of mail, while OFF DUTY. So it is up to management to forbid any postie from going over their time unless it is already agreed!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
You can to a certain extent understand why management have an issue with OPG's working over without having it authorised.
If a manager is sitting with spare bodies doing nothing and you walk in and book 2 hours OT he/she has to justify to his/her boss why the spare bodies didn't cover the extended.
You have basically removed his/her chance to resource and cost the business money needlessly.
I shall retire to get my tin hat.
If a manager is sitting with spare bodies doing nothing and you walk in and book 2 hours OT he/she has to justify to his/her boss why the spare bodies didn't cover the extended.
You have basically removed his/her chance to resource and cost the business money needlessly.
I shall retire to get my tin hat.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
Blimey ! Where does this "scenario" happen ???fishtank wrote:If a manager is sitting with spare bodies doing nothing
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
It happens in larger offices quite often.RedBagMan wrote:Blimey ! Where does this "scenario" happen ???fishtank wrote:If a manager is sitting with spare bodies doing nothing
There has to be inbuilt resource to cover a certain amount of sick absence,if you have a low sick absence week you end up with spares,sometimes they get farmed out to other offices...sometimes not.
Lapsing also produces spare capacity.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
hatetheboss
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back Of Beyond
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
If this was the case surely the manager would instruct staff before departing the office?fishtank wrote:You can to a certain extent understand why management have an issue with OPG's working over without having it authorised.
If a manager is sitting with spare bodies doing nothing and you walk in and book 2 hours OT he/she has to justify to his/her boss why the spare bodies didn't cover the extended.
You have basically removed his/her chance to resource and cost the business money needlessly.
I shall retire to get my tin hat.
They are coming to take us away
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
fishtank wrote: It happens in larger offices quite often.
There has to be inbuilt resource to cover a certain amount of sick absence,if you have a low sick absence week you end up with spares,sometimes they get farmed out to other offices...sometimes not.
Lapsing also produces spare capacity.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
Your office is an exception to almost every rule in the book DGP.DGP1 wrote:fishtank wrote: It happens in larger offices quite often.
There has to be inbuilt resource to cover a certain amount of sick absence,if you have a low sick absence week you end up with spares,sometimes they get farmed out to other offices...sometimes not.
Lapsing also produces spare capacity.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
ahhhhhh FT you tell the funniest of jokes sometimes
![]()
![]()
![]()
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
Where your scenario falls down Fish is that you have to have managers that can think on their feet. I dont think Royal Mail employee managers that get off their arse, so there,s no chance of that.
-
losharapidoras
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 16:51
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
I'm in the EXACTLY same situation. My office still owes me hours from the week starting on 06/05/11.
Spoke to my manager countless of times and was told that it will be paid. I was NEVER paid anything until this week, when those lazy fcukers managed to put me "a few hours" overtime, but they STILL owe me 7 hours.
Brought back some post today and was told I might be transferred to another office? Are those pr1cks allowed to do that? At the end of the day, I'm not doing anything wrong, because if I'm not getting paid my overtime, why would I go over my hours, when I still have post left?
So what do I do?
Complete the Stage 2 grievance, give section 1 to my line manager and send section 2 to EP Operations Team?
Spoke to my manager countless of times and was told that it will be paid. I was NEVER paid anything until this week, when those lazy fcukers managed to put me "a few hours" overtime, but they STILL owe me 7 hours.
Brought back some post today and was told I might be transferred to another office? Are those pr1cks allowed to do that? At the end of the day, I'm not doing anything wrong, because if I'm not getting paid my overtime, why would I go over my hours, when I still have post left?
So what do I do?
Complete the Stage 2 grievance, give section 1 to my line manager and send section 2 to EP Operations Team?
-
Mightyaj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Re: OVERTIME NOT PAID AFTER INFORMING FOR 4 WEEKS
That is shocking behaviour but its not really surprising as its rife in royal mail. Take them on for bullying and harrasment!