I'm sick of people saying this is a London thing. I just got back from Conference in Bournemouth, and there was a motion passed UNANIMOUSLY in support of industrial actions (both official and unofficial) because of these mandatory redundancies. I can't go into details, as the debate was "in camera", but the support from every corner of the country was overwhelming. This is not an attack on London MC's, but on the CWU as a whole. Whether you liked it or not (I didn't..), we gave up so much in the last agreement in the interests of job security, and on the promise of zero mandatory redundancies. Now RM is backtracking on both the letter and the spirit of the agreement. THIS is the time to fight. Do NOT think this doesn't affect you. If they are able to get away with this in London, then YOUR JOB is next.
This is NOT about London jobs. This is about YOUR job. It's time to make a stand and not let the f***ers walk all over us.
And I am NOT from London. I completely agree with alot of the complaints last time London asked us to walk on "their" issues, but this is fundamentally different. Even if it was only ONE job loss, some lowly ROMEC cleaner up in Orkney, it would be one job loss TOO MANY.
I think we're in for an interesting ride...