With the current attitude of the RM managers are you sure it wouldnt just be 4 or 5 posties from each DO made an example of? : :sad
What are they going to do George? If anyone says they won't be able to finish in their time our DIM often says, "That's going to be a performance issue then...we'll have to do something about that!" But what do they actually do? I thought they had to come out with you and "Coach" you about better working practices so that you might be able to improve?
In our Office it normally amounts to the Postie taking all the mail out anyway (having had his moan) and the Manager not having to do anything..so he gets away with it for another day!
I am the last person to say, "Grow a pair," a saying I hate! But Posties really need to be made aware of what they have to do and what they don't have to do. They then need the confidence and support from their Rep, and fellow posties, to simply work correctly. Some Offices seem to manage it better than others!
Suppose it's easy to toss the ball into the CWUs court and ask for a statement from them to the effect of: "CWU have become aware of the systematic abuse of it's members terms and conditions of employment, and the wide spread culture of bullying by it's Managers!" However what's new? They don't seem too interested in being Pro-active and I suppose it ultimately boils down to the Posties on the shop floor!