ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you enjoy your work?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by stokes11eg »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
gremah wrote:I don't even work for royal mail :neutral:
So on what basis did you feel you had the knowledge and authority (personal not managerial) to post such comments as.
gremah wrote:Lazy selfish People like you are the reason this company is down the sink YOU GET PAID TO WORK DEAL WITH IT AND DO YA JOB STOP WORRYING WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING :so there
gremah wrote:Grow a pair :neutral:
gremah wrote:If you don't enjoy it find another job it's that simple :wave

OK everyone is entitled to their view, but if it has no basis in experience or fact then I am afraid your opinion is practically worthless
:Very Happy Could El-carto be back?? Perhaps he meant to say I don't work for royal Mail anymore!
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by Royal_Fail »

I like my job i wouldn't do it otherwise and a good manager makes all the difference.
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by mailroyaly »

its crap, in a country full of crap jobs. unless your born with a silver spoon down your pants. :nana
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by dubdaz »

I still love the job even with the way its changed over the years(23),I do my 8hr day with a smile most of the time.First 4 full of funny as f**k banter on the ips and prep and then the last 4 hitting the streets and chatting with my punters.Then again I dont let what the lino's do or say effect me and they know it, so dont bother me.I think alot (not all) postman who winge about the job only do it because they cant get over doing a full 8 hr day and want it back to how it used to be.If you accept your not gonna make any time so pace yourself accordingly you find you dont get nearly so stressed about the job.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by krussel »

stokes11eg wrote:Could El-carto be back?
Oh yeah, you know i miss old El :wink:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by stokes11eg »

krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Could El-carto be back?
Oh yeah, you know i miss old El :wink:
:Very Happy Same here! Wonder how his life in banking is going!!! If you are peeking in El, give us a little wave!!!! :wave
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by fishtank »

stokes11eg wrote: :Very Happy Same here! Wonder how his life in banking is going!!! If you are peeking in El, give us a little wave!!!! :wave
El Cartero isn't exactly gone stokes....just had a "change" of sorts. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by arnold cheshire »

yes i enjoy my work especially now i get 6 lots of door to doors to do and the fresh air is good especially when its raining heavy :Boo hoo!
Midnight+13
Posts: 118
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by Midnight+13 »

Royal Mail and Enjoy, not words that go together really! :d'oh!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Do you enjoy your work?

Post by stokes11eg »

fishtank wrote:
stokes11eg wrote: :Very Happy Same here! Wonder how his life in banking is going!!! If you are peeking in El, give us a little wave!!!! :wave
El Cartero isn't exactly gone stokes....just had a "change" of sorts. :chuckle
:d'oh!
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Do you enjoy your work?

Post by twoloops »

I'm not sure you are supposed to enjoy your job, that is why you get paid to attend?
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Do you enjoy your work?

Post by deltaforce »

9 year old thread. What took you so long?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Do you enjoy your work?

Post by clashcityrocker »

deltaforce wrote:9 year old thread. What took you so long?
Lapsing probably.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Do you enjoy your work?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

twoloops wrote:I'm not sure you are supposed to enjoy your job, that is why you get paid to attend?
A very Victorian view, I prefer the other approach. A happy worker is an efficient and proficient worker.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Do you enjoy your work?

Post by HTPostman »

I’m happy, best job I’ve ever had, I get paid for the hours I work and am treated fairly most of the time.

Downsides: holiday pay issue and job security worries.

Lack of organisation is a problem too, a lot of which could be sorted very simply

Just as an example, things like spending 5 minutes looking for the van every single day (we have 70/80 vans)....that’s 20 hours a year wasted multiplied by most workers here. Could be so easily sorted by having a column in the log book where you write down the bay number you’re parked in (or if you don’t have numbered bays, you simply write ‘near main entrance’ or ‘next to tyre inflator‘).
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526