TrueBlueTerrier wrote:So on what basis did you feel you had the knowledge and authority (personal not managerial) to post such comments as.gremah wrote:I don't even work for royal mail
gremah wrote:Lazy selfish People like you are the reason this company is down the sink YOU GET PAID TO WORK DEAL WITH IT AND DO YA JOB STOP WORRYING WHAT OTHERS ARE DOINGgremah wrote:Grow a pairgremah wrote:If you don't enjoy it find another job it's that simple
OK everyone is entitled to their view, but if it has no basis in experience or fact then I am afraid your opinion is practically worthless
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you enjoy your work?
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
I like my job i wouldn't do it otherwise and a good manager makes all the difference.
-
mailroyaly
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: over there
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
its crap, in a country full of crap jobs. unless your born with a silver spoon down your pants. 
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
I still love the job even with the way its changed over the years(23),I do my 8hr day with a smile most of the time.First 4 full of funny as f**k banter on the ips and prep and then the last 4 hitting the streets and chatting with my punters.Then again I dont let what the lino's do or say effect me and they know it, so dont bother me.I think alot (not all) postman who winge about the job only do it because they cant get over doing a full 8 hr day and want it back to how it used to be.If you accept your not gonna make any time so pace yourself accordingly you find you dont get nearly so stressed about the job.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
Oh yeah, you know i miss old Elstokes11eg wrote:Could El-carto be back?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
krussel wrote:Oh yeah, you know i miss old Elstokes11eg wrote:Could El-carto be back?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
El Cartero isn't exactly gone stokes....just had a "change" of sorts.stokes11eg wrote:Same here! Wonder how his life in banking is going!!! If you are peeking in El, give us a little wave!!!!
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
yes i enjoy my work especially now i get 6 lots of door to doors to do and the fresh air is good especially when its raining heavy 
-
Midnight+13
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
Royal Mail and Enjoy, not words that go together really! 
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Do you enjoy your work?
fishtank wrote:El Cartero isn't exactly gone stokes....just had a "change" of sorts.stokes11eg wrote:Same here! Wonder how his life in banking is going!!! If you are peeking in El, give us a little wave!!!!
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Do you enjoy your work?
I'm not sure you are supposed to enjoy your job, that is why you get paid to attend?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
9 year old thread. What took you so long?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Do you enjoy your work?
Lapsing probably.deltaforce wrote:9 year old thread. What took you so long?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Do you enjoy your work?
A very Victorian view, I prefer the other approach. A happy worker is an efficient and proficient worker.twoloops wrote:I'm not sure you are supposed to enjoy your job, that is why you get paid to attend?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
I’m happy, best job I’ve ever had, I get paid for the hours I work and am treated fairly most of the time.
Downsides: holiday pay issue and job security worries.
Lack of organisation is a problem too, a lot of which could be sorted very simply
Just as an example, things like spending 5 minutes looking for the van every single day (we have 70/80 vans)....that’s 20 hours a year wasted multiplied by most workers here. Could be so easily sorted by having a column in the log book where you write down the bay number you’re parked in (or if you don’t have numbered bays, you simply write ‘near main entrance’ or ‘next to tyre inflator‘).
Downsides: holiday pay issue and job security worries.
Lack of organisation is a problem too, a lot of which could be sorted very simply
Just as an example, things like spending 5 minutes looking for the van every single day (we have 70/80 vans)....that’s 20 hours a year wasted multiplied by most workers here. Could be so easily sorted by having a column in the log book where you write down the bay number you’re parked in (or if you don’t have numbered bays, you simply write ‘near main entrance’ or ‘next to tyre inflator‘).
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526