ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good Friday
-
greavsey
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 20:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday
Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday
Whoever said that is a cock,have you a rep work place coach there?greavsey wrote:Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday
No she shouldn't,she should get Fri & Sat off.perstop tray wrote:You should get a day in lieu though surely, we are only suposed to make 4 attendances, see ya repStormproof wrote:I checked the rota today to see what duty I'm on next week and my day off. Surprise, surprise I've been given Good Friday off even though the duty I'm covering has a fixed Saturday.....banged a grievence in...cheeky fookers!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: Good Friday
POSTMAN wrote:Whoever said that is a cock,have you a rep work place coach there?greavsey wrote:Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
Xmas day is a non service day!!
Bang a grievance in!
I hate it when these lino's try this trick all the time, reserves who never get a Sat off and using bank holidays as a day off so that
members don't get two days off in the week, which makes it easier for the lazy b*****s to manage!
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
Lenny1883
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 09:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday
4 (including me) from 7 reserves in our office all been given Friday off.. Farce.. 
-
Lenny1883
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 09:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday
Bet I get Monday from the following week as well..
-
montriff
- Posts: 243
- Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday
don't you mean "Extra day off on a freezing cold grey November TUESDAY"Postman Plodd wrote:Friday off here an' all, lieu day given when i dont want or need it. Extra day off on a freezing cold grey November wednesday? Why thank you kind sir.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Good Friday
I've still not heard back from the DOM about the grievence I put in, perhaps hes hoping I've forgotten or hes scared to tell me his decision

So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Good Friday
same happened to me last year,
i always worked my day off then and i bartered it down to what should be my day off as long as i worked it,
suited me as i needed 6 days pay,
now the feckers can kiss my hairy arse even though im skint!
i always worked my day off then and i bartered it down to what should be my day off as long as i worked it,
suited me as i needed 6 days pay,
now the feckers can kiss my hairy arse even though im skint!
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Good Friday
You tried speaking to your union rep? My friend had this trouble and even got phone calls from the DOM demanding he changed his day off to the bank holiday. When refused the DOM even docked a days pay! Was soon reinstated after a little meeting with the rep present!greavsey wrote:Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Good Friday
I can't have Saturday off. Apparently 3 months ago the DOM made the decision that reserves are not allowed a Saturday off........nobody thought to inform me though! WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE!!
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: Good Friday
What has your Rep had to say about that?Stormproof wrote:I can't have Saturday off. Apparently 3 months ago the DOM made the decision that reserves are not allowed a Saturday off........nobody thought to inform me though! WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE!!
That is wrong imho and needs to be sorted out ASAP
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Good Friday
I've got the impression he's avoiding me, considering I'm his sub I'm not very happy with his support. I'm off next week and the person who is doing the duty next week happens to be a reserve aswell and guess what he's got the Saturday off! I confronted the DOM this morning and told him exactly how I felt, I'll go in on Saturday and do the duty but I'm not going to get stitched up like this again thats for sure.johnnyp wrote:What has your Rep had to say about that?Stormproof wrote:I can't have Saturday off. Apparently 3 months ago the DOM made the decision that reserves are not allowed a Saturday off........nobody thought to inform me though! WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE!!
That is wrong imho and needs to be sorted out ASAP
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum