ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Good Friday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
greavsey
Posts: 22
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 20:55
Gender: Male

Re: Good Friday

Post by greavsey »

Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Good Friday

Post by POSTMAN »

greavsey wrote:Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
Whoever said that is a cock,have you a rep work place coach there?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Good Friday

Post by POSTMAN »

perstop tray wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I checked the rota today to see what duty I'm on next week and my day off. Surprise, surprise I've been given Good Friday off even though the duty I'm covering has a fixed Saturday.....banged a grievence in...cheeky fookers! :no no
You should get a day in lieu though surely, we are only suposed to make 4 attendances, see ya rep
No she shouldn't,she should get Fri & Sat off. :cuppa
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Re: Good Friday

Post by vigilante »

POSTMAN wrote:
greavsey wrote:Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
Whoever said that is a cock,have you a rep work place coach there?

Xmas day is a non service day!!
Bang a grievance in!


I hate it when these lino's try this trick all the time, reserves who never get a Sat off and using bank holidays as a day off so that
members don't get two days off in the week, which makes it easier for the lazy b*****s to manage! :evil/mad
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
Lenny1883
Posts: 11
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 09:32
Gender: Male

Re: Good Friday

Post by Lenny1883 »

4 (including me) from 7 reserves in our office all been given Friday off.. Farce.. :sad:
Lenny1883
Posts: 11
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 09:32
Gender: Male

Re: Good Friday

Post by Lenny1883 »

Bet I get Monday from the following week as well..
montriff
Posts: 243
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: Good Friday

Post by montriff »

Postman Plodd wrote:Friday off here an' all, lieu day given when i dont want or need it. Extra day off on a freezing cold grey November wednesday? Why thank you kind sir.
don't you mean "Extra day off on a freezing cold grey November TUESDAY"
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Good Friday

Post by Stormproof »

I've still not heard back from the DOM about the grievence I put in, perhaps hes hoping I've forgotten or hes scared to tell me his decision :nervous :whistle
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Good Friday

Post by korky »

same happened to me last year,
i always worked my day off then and i bartered it down to what should be my day off as long as i worked it,
suited me as i needed 6 days pay,
now the feckers can kiss my hairy arse even though im skint!
George door to dawes
Posts: 378
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
Gender: Female

Re: Good Friday

Post by George door to dawes »

greavsey wrote:Have been a temp for just over a year now.Went a year with just one Saturday off, got the usual Monday or Tuesday. Lo and behold got Xmas day and New Years Day as holidays! Was'nt a bit surprised when I was given Good Friday as my day off. When I complained the reply I got was "We work days off to suit the business. We are not a charity."
You tried speaking to your union rep? My friend had this trouble and even got phone calls from the DOM demanding he changed his day off to the bank holiday. When refused the DOM even docked a days pay! Was soon reinstated after a little meeting with the rep present! :chuckle
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Good Friday

Post by Stormproof »

I can't have Saturday off. Apparently 3 months ago the DOM made the decision that reserves are not allowed a Saturday off........nobody thought to inform me though! WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE!!
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: Good Friday

Post by johnnyp »

Stormproof wrote:I can't have Saturday off. Apparently 3 months ago the DOM made the decision that reserves are not allowed a Saturday off........nobody thought to inform me though! WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE!!
What has your Rep had to say about that?
That is wrong imho and needs to be sorted out ASAP :evil/mad
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Good Friday

Post by Stormproof »

johnnyp wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I can't have Saturday off. Apparently 3 months ago the DOM made the decision that reserves are not allowed a Saturday off........nobody thought to inform me though! WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE!!
What has your Rep had to say about that?
That is wrong imho and needs to be sorted out ASAP :evil/mad
I've got the impression he's avoiding me, considering I'm his sub I'm not very happy with his support. I'm off next week and the person who is doing the duty next week happens to be a reserve aswell and guess what he's got the Saturday off! I confronted the DOM this morning and told him exactly how I felt, I'll go in on Saturday and do the duty but I'm not going to get stitched up like this again thats for sure. :evil/mad
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum