ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weird names you've seen?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by wiganpostie »

Possibly my favourite name of all time..Barry Battle.
Retired Postman
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 11:59
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Retired Postman »

I remember a lady called Phyllis Steinz on one of my walks many years ago, and there was also a Mrs. Daft. I wonder if any of her relatives are Doms? (Just a thought). :wave :wave
wannabe
Posts: 13
Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by wannabe »

mrs. raper
AnotherLimey
Posts: 751
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by AnotherLimey »

No word of a lie, Wayne Kerr :Very Happy
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by BELIAL »

Crystal Clear
Bye
Listonosz
Posts: 49
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Listonosz »

I have a Mrs. Kielbasa a my round. Kielbasa is Polish for sausage, so of course i always like to say 'morning mrs sausage'
banddy
Posts: 208
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:31
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by banddy »

i saw mail for a - norman conquer
islfor
Posts: 380
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by islfor »

Lucky Luciano
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by arty_morty »

I delivered to a Mrs Mildred Roper recently. She said she had to carry ID with her a lot of the time as people didn't believe her.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by DGP1 »

AnotherLimey wrote:No word of a lie, Wayne Kerr :Very Happy
:left: :left: :left: :left:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Robocop
Posts: 54
Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 17:23
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Robocop »

Fanny Misfeldt.Plus a guy called Hugh Mann.
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by brothermagrew »

My rounds no longer the same without Mr, Mrs & Master BATES.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by DGP1 »

brothermagrew wrote:My rounds no longer the same without Mr, Mrs & Master BATES.
Wasn't he in Captain Pugwash :nervous



I know it's an urban legend along with Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:My rounds no longer the same without Mr, Mrs & Master BATES.
Wasn't he in Captain Pugwash :nervous



I know it's an urban legend along with Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy
Well as far as I recall in "American Pie" it was in both a sports sock and moms warm apple pie...............and I can recommend the apple pie :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
vinnieb5
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jan 2008, 23:14

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by vinnieb5 »

April Showers was probably my fav but scariest a Peter Sutcliffe :shock: