ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Weird names you've seen?
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Possibly my favourite name of all time..Barry Battle.
-
Retired Postman
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
I remember a lady called Phyllis Steinz on one of my walks many years ago, and there was also a Mrs. Daft. I wonder if any of her relatives are Doms? (Just a thought).

-
wannabe
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
mrs. raper
-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
No word of a lie, Wayne Kerr 
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
Listonosz
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
I have a Mrs. Kielbasa a my round. Kielbasa is Polish for sausage, so of course i always like to say 'morning mrs sausage'
-
banddy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
i saw mail for a - norman conquer
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Lucky Luciano
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Weird names you've seen?
I delivered to a Mrs Mildred Roper recently. She said she had to carry ID with her a lot of the time as people didn't believe her.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Weird names you've seen?
AnotherLimey wrote:No word of a lie, Wayne Kerr
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Robocop
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 17:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Fanny Misfeldt.Plus a guy called Hugh Mann.
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Weird names you've seen?
My rounds no longer the same without Mr, Mrs & Master BATES.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Wasn't he in Captain Pugwashbrothermagrew wrote:My rounds no longer the same without Mr, Mrs & Master BATES.
I know it's an urban legend along with Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Well as far as I recall in "American Pie" it was in both a sports sock and moms warm apple pie...............and I can recommend the apple pieDGP1 wrote:Wasn't he in Captain Pugwashbrothermagrew wrote:My rounds no longer the same without Mr, Mrs & Master BATES.![]()
I know it's an urban legend along with Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy
-
vinnieb5
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jan 2008, 23:14
Re: Weird names you've seen?
April Showers was probably my fav but scariest a Peter Sutcliffe 