ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dodgy PDAs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by pyphon »

we get sent the old pens as back-up
jessthecat
Posts: 67
Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 15:47
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by jessthecat »

DGP1 wrote:
jessthecat wrote:It was great that I couldn't scan the boxes......no need to hang around waiting 'til 12!!! :nana
:hmmmm why would you do that?? All it takes is some manager to put a test letter in the box at 11.59 and they would sack you over it. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies :roll:
Fell for that one didn't you! Just wondered how many I could reel in on here!! :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by DGP1 »

jessthecat wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
jessthecat wrote:It was great that I couldn't scan the boxes......no need to hang around waiting 'til 12!!! :nana
:hmmmm why would you do that?? All it takes is some manager to put a test letter in the box at 11.59 and they would sack you over it. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies :roll:
Fell for that one didn't you! Just wondered how many I could reel in on here!! :crazy:
Many because there are 2 people in my office who do that exact thing and they won't listen to me so I'm sure there are many offices that have the same.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by skull »

Test letters , there's a blast from the past . Since revision was introduced in December I haven't heard any mention about test letters in our wtl sessions , I wonder why . :hmmmm . Oh that's right , it's RM's new why of working that's failing and not the employee so lets just brush test letters under the carpet and forget about that method of making sure everything's working well .

With some of the things going on at RM at the moment , without a shadow of a doubt RM senior management are the most dishonest, devious and treacherous people I've ever had the pleasure to work for , and that's saying something . If I had to pick who is the most dishonest , treacherous and devious between the Lib-Dems or RM senior management , RM management would be the winners because they are still getting away with the lies where as the Lib-Dems have been found out . I know the chances are slim but one day I hope all these lies that RM are peddling out will catch up with them :pray . I'll also throw Postcomm into the mix , an independent postel service regulator , what a crock of sh*t . They should hang their heads in shame for turning a blind eye to what's going on at the moment . I would love to know what dirty dealings are going on between Moya and co , Postcomm and the Government .
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 28 Apr 2020, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by skull »

97gaz wrote:
skull wrote:Test letters , there's a blast from the past . Since revision was introduced in December I haven't heard any mention about test letters in our wtl sessions , I wonder why . :hmmmm . Oh that's right , it's RM's new why of working that's failing and not the employee so lets just brush test letters under the carpet and forget about that method of making sure everything's working well .
Test letters are still going out. Trust me on that one.

Forgive my ignorance but who sends out test letters , is it the independent Postcomm :left: or is it done by RM at either national or local level ?. I always thought it was to keep a check on us posties but now it's RM's standards that are in the gutter wouldn't sending out test letters be counter productive and expose the revision sham and how bad RM senior management have damaged RM beyond repair . Are test letters only going out to offices that haven't implemented rivision ? .
solcat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 153
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 15:26

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by solcat »

dave7634 wrote:
noggin1969 wrote:Network problems we were told , all boxes scanned as ADHOC. Noticed all info downloaded about 13.30
Mine didn't load the boxes so didn't scan any. Then, while driving back in it decided, around 12pm to suddenly work so have done each point as "scanner or barcode failure"


I got a message at 12.00 saying the route I scanned at 7;00 am could not be found,one of the lads
had to show me about Ad-Hoc I'm a bit of a Dinosaur :crazy:
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy PDAs

Post by 97gaz »

[