Like every organisation some work and some scratch their arse,drink coffee and polish their 10 mill spanner on the "off chance" some ten thumbed postie f*cks up a machine.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job....?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I suppose you can only use your limited experience to gauge these things Tman.
Like every organisation some work and some scratch their arse,drink coffee and polish their 10 mill spanner on the "off chance" some ten thumbed postie f*cks up a machine.
Like every organisation some work and some scratch their arse,drink coffee and polish their 10 mill spanner on the "off chance" some ten thumbed postie f*cks up a machine.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Now you're just being personal and somewhat ridiculous.fishtank wrote:I suppose you can only use your limited experience to gauge these things Tman.![]()
Like every organisation some work and some scratch their arse,drink coffee and polish their 10 mill spanner on the "off chance" some ten thumbed postie f*cks up a machine.
There's no "off-chance" about it.
{I'm impressed though Fishy. It took you four whole hours to post behind your mentor DVB....and not a bit of anti-union rhetoric to be seen
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I'm not looking for another job, but if EVR comes up I will grab it like a shot and start my own business.
Up until quite recently I still really enjoyed this job, but lets be honest it's not a job that you get any satisfaction from anymore. The company don't give a sh*t about customers unless they're a big business, and all they care about with regards to their staff is that they're working their hours. No common sense, no give and take.
The job is only going one way and that's downhill, fast.
Up until quite recently I still really enjoyed this job, but lets be honest it's not a job that you get any satisfaction from anymore. The company don't give a sh*t about customers unless they're a big business, and all they care about with regards to their staff is that they're working their hours. No common sense, no give and take.
The job is only going one way and that's downhill, fast.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
What kind of business ?
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
No truer a word said.OnAFlyer wrote:I'm not looking for another job, but if EVR comes up I will grab it like a shot and start my own business.
Up until quite recently I still really enjoyed this job, but lets be honest it's not a job that you get any satisfaction from anymore. The company don't give a sh*t about customers unless they're a big business, and all they care about with regards to their staff is that they're working their hours. No common sense, no give and take.
The job is only going one way and that's downhill, fast.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Nothing to do with the mail/logistics industry that's for sure!Carew wrote:What kind of business ?
-
fmrPOSTIE
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 674
- Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
You lot have been saying the jobs cr@p for 5 yrs....you'll still be pounding the streets well into 2011

-
swoosta
- Posts: 166
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 00:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
In our office everyone has been saying how much they hate it for the last ten years - hardly anyone has left though.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
There'll be a good few more soon enough 
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
True. Very true.dvbuk55 wrote:There'll be a good few more soon enough
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else 
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
smokerjim wrote:I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else
Might I suggest my second occupation smoker, selling your body to nubile young women to practice their "skills"
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
dvbuk55 wrote:smokerjim wrote:I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else
Might I suggest my second occupation smoker, selling your body to nubile young women to practice their "skills"You can talk on the phone at the same time...........no one will notice the odd moan................well not on this forum
![]()
Yeah, I've heard you've been doing that for a while....on a related theme, how's your insolvency going?
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I've had to put my rates up because of the recession.............in fact I've had to put everything upsmokerjim wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:smokerjim wrote:I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else
Might I suggest my second occupation smoker, selling your body to nubile young women to practice their "skills"You can talk on the phone at the same time...........no one will notice the odd moan................well not on this forum
![]()
Yeah, I've heard you've been doing that for a while....on a related theme, how's your insolvency going?
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
You a pilot of the Blue Bomber then? Now there's a surprise

I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!