ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job....?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by fishtank »

I suppose you can only use your limited experience to gauge these things Tman. :neutral:
Like every organisation some work and some scratch their arse,drink coffee and polish their 10 mill spanner on the "off chance" some ten thumbed postie f*cks up a machine.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Tman
Posts: 4147
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Tman »

fishtank wrote:I suppose you can only use your limited experience to gauge these things Tman. :neutral:
Like every organisation some work and some scratch their arse,drink coffee and polish their 10 mill spanner on the "off chance" some ten thumbed postie f*cks up a machine.
Now you're just being personal and somewhat ridiculous.

There's no "off-chance" about it. :whistle

{I'm impressed though Fishy. It took you four whole hours to post behind your mentor DVB....and not a bit of anti-union rhetoric to be seen :wave }
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by OnAFlyer »

I'm not looking for another job, but if EVR comes up I will grab it like a shot and start my own business.

Up until quite recently I still really enjoyed this job, but lets be honest it's not a job that you get any satisfaction from anymore. The company don't give a sh*t about customers unless they're a big business, and all they care about with regards to their staff is that they're working their hours. No common sense, no give and take.

The job is only going one way and that's downhill, fast.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Darren Bent »

What kind of business ?
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by sidewinder »

OnAFlyer wrote:I'm not looking for another job, but if EVR comes up I will grab it like a shot and start my own business.

Up until quite recently I still really enjoyed this job, but lets be honest it's not a job that you get any satisfaction from anymore. The company don't give a sh*t about customers unless they're a big business, and all they care about with regards to their staff is that they're working their hours. No common sense, no give and take.

The job is only going one way and that's downhill, fast.
No truer a word said.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by OnAFlyer »

Carew wrote:What kind of business ?
Nothing to do with the mail/logistics industry that's for sure!
fmrPOSTIE
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 674
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by fmrPOSTIE »

You lot have been saying the jobs cr@p for 5 yrs....you'll still be pounding the streets well into 2011

:nana
swoosta
Posts: 166
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 00:19
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by swoosta »

In our office everyone has been saying how much they hate it for the last ten years - hardly anyone has left though.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

There'll be a good few more soon enough :sad:
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by sidewinder »

dvbuk55 wrote:There'll be a good few more soon enough :sad:
True. Very true.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by smokerjim »

I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else :cuppa
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else :cuppa

Might I suggest my second occupation smoker, selling your body to nubile young women to practice their "skills" :cuppa You can talk on the phone at the same time...........no one will notice the odd moan................well not on this forum :chuckle :chuckle
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else :cuppa

Might I suggest my second occupation smoker, selling your body to nubile young women to practice their "skills" :cuppa You can talk on the phone at the same time...........no one will notice the odd moan................well not on this forum :chuckle :chuckle

Yeah, I've heard you've been doing that for a while....on a related theme, how's your insolvency going? :left:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:I was going to fill out an application for a 2nd job, ( in public sector - bit crap, but with good prospects for promotion / sideways progression, etc ), but I've had to put that idea on the back burner in case I get elected as unit rep ( no good if I'm too tired / gotta shoot off to 2nd job to help one of our members )...hey ho, if I don't get elected I'll eventually find something else :cuppa

Might I suggest my second occupation smoker, selling your body to nubile young women to practice their "skills" :cuppa You can talk on the phone at the same time...........no one will notice the odd moan................well not on this forum :chuckle :chuckle

Yeah, I've heard you've been doing that for a while....on a related theme, how's your insolvency going? :left:
I've had to put my rates up because of the recession.............in fact I've had to put everything up :shock:
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by smokerjim »

You a pilot of the Blue Bomber then? Now there's a surprise :roll: :left:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!