ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's your philosophy towards work...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scum_opg
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 May 2010, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by scum_opg »

... on delivery my philosophy was "i'll never need to join a gym, but i will have to buy a zimmer frame"
Nobodyshero
Posts: 83
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Nobodyshero »

Stormproof wrote:go to work, do my hours, go home :cuppa
What he said
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by BT2010 »

must try harder
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by DGP1 »

Nobodyshero wrote:
Stormproof wrote:go to work, do my hours, go home :cuppa
What he said
That he is a she and she will hunt you down and cut you balls off if you call her that again :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by SWIM »

fishtank wrote:I try to only dread one day at a time.
:chuckle :Applause
'deal of the century' - dingo
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by DirtyHarry »

Have never minded doing a fair day's work, for a fair day's pay, for a good employer.

But, as the late, great, Elvis Presley once warbled, "treat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruel, and I'll fook you up," or words to that effect. :cuppa
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Stormproof »

DGP1 wrote: That he is a she and she will hunt you down and cut you balls off if you call her that again :nervous :chuckle
What he said :cuppa :wink:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Thorby Bislam »

When I joined it was one of the best jobs ever going. Now it's one of the worst. Decades of inept and corrupt leadership by successive management and governments have stuffed it up completely. Nothing I can ever do will make one iota of difference.

So why am I being blamed?
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
enzio
Posts: 379
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by enzio »

to be happy it drives my lino mad allways thinks i am up to something :crazy:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Bit like Plum.. put me I-Pod on and engage automatic pilot :Very Happy Look on the job as being paid to walk around in the fresh air listening to whatever. :dance
Down side, for customers, is that as time goes by I'm becoming a worse postie! :sad: Don't care anymore about Striking out un-franked stamps, retracing route to deliver Mis-sorted mail, apoligising for damaged mail or providing much of customer service.
RM have just turned a job I really liked into a chore. Cheers Arseholes. :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
red1968
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 121
Joined: 06 Apr 2010, 22:03
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by red1968 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Bit like Plum.. put me I-Pod on and engage automatic pilot :Very Happy Look on the job as being paid to walk around in the fresh air listening to whatever. :dance
Down side, for customers, is that as time goes by I'm becoming a worse postie! :sad: Don't care anymore about Striking out un-franked stamps, retracing route to deliver Mis-sorted mail, apoligising for damaged mail or providing much of customer service.
RM have just turned a job I really liked into a chore. Cheers Arseholes. :arrrghhh
:Applause :Applause :Applause
S6 Stroller
Posts: 199
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by S6 Stroller »

red 86 wrote:Still like the job . just cant do with some of the people higher than us who have no idea .LIONS led by donkeys.
See above.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by post_bitch »

FART
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by POSTMAN »

What she said,the she that the bloke thought was a he.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

It stops me begging.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.