ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How much pay for 40hrs?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by fishtank »

Wiggins79 wrote: So, just to make sure I've got this right it's £354.56 plus the £20 odd for the delivery supplement AFTER NI and tax have been taken off? That's a tax code with no other income apart from RM work.
No that's before deduction...after you would be looking at £280-£290 all in.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by Wiggins79 »

Doh- my mistake. I was getting all excited with ££'s in my eyes. That's brought me back down with a bump.
Thanks again for all the calculations by everybody. Got some serious thinking to do now. :hmmmm
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by arnold cheshire »

mines 283 quid after tax ni and pension
:nana
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by ihatedogs »

Wiggins79 wrote:Hello everyone- just a quick question as per the title. A full-time duty has become vacant due to retirement and I have the most seniority in our sub-office out of everyone who is considering applying for the job. Can anyone on fulltime please let me know what your wages are after tax and national insurance and including the delivery supplement. Not in London so don't include the subsidy if you get that! I'm just trying to decide whether all the extra back-braking aggro is going to be worth it for me- I'm only on part-time hours at the moment. Thanks in advance!
Use the tax calculator mate. http://www.taxcalculator.co.uk/#taxsummary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by fishtank »

ihatedogs wrote: Use the tax calculator mate. http://www.taxcalculator.co.uk/#taxsummary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


That's a handy tool ihatedogs.
I've just worked out that i actually work for £7.27 an hour and this years massive pay rise will take that up to a whopping £7.36. :shock:

All hail the mighty 9p/hr payrise. :left:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
HelsBels
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Mar 2008, 00:37

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by HelsBels »

I take home £319.54 give or take a few pence, that's with tax,n.I, union subs and pension taken out, I work 2pm-10pm late shift Monday to Friday
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
krussel wrote:Wiggings was asking for take home pay though :hmmmm
No idea...you would need to ask Mrs F...i just get pocket money. :sad:
:chuckle :chuckle Same here with Mrs DGP :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Clive
Posts: 14
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 15:16

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by Clive »

Wiggins79 wrote:Thanks everyone. I forgot add I meant only tax and NI taken off, not any subs, pensions or leave.
So, just to make sure I've got this right it's £354.56 plus the £20 odd for the delivery supplement AFTER NI and tax have been taken off? That's a tax code with no other income apart from RM work.
Basic pay + DS - Tax & N,Ins = £306.50 :Very Happy :sad: :wave
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by Wiggins79 »

Cheers again. Especially to ihatedogs with the tax calculator. A very handy tool. I'm digging out all my p60's as we speak....
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

Just looked at my pay slip and confused.

In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.

Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.

I do buy additional leave but surely this wouldnt cost £20 per week!??

Also, ive now been at royal mail for over 6 years, so dont I get extra holiday entitlement (meaning I should be buying less days to make it up to 30 leave days)

Was hoping someone might be clued up on this......
whatamess!!
Posts: 279
Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
Gender: Female

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by whatamess!! »

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Just looked at my pay slip and confused.

In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.

Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.

I do buy additional leave but surely this wouldnt cost £20 per week!??

Also, ive now been at royal mail for over 6 years, so dont I get extra holiday entitlement (meaning I should be buying less days to make it up to 30 leave days)

Was hoping someone might be clued up on this......
Are you paying for a bike through work, this would take money off the pay rate but not £20, are you on a 40 hour contract?? Also the supplement is taken off the pay rate.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by fishtank »

In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.

Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
Your pay rate includes your delivery supplement minus your deductions for purchased leave.£345.34+£20.06*
If you didn't purchase leave this would be £375.16 so you are paying £9.66 for your extra leave.
Your basic pay does not include your delivery supplement.
(*the reason your delivery supplement is £20.06 and not £20.60 is also because you purchase annual leave)
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by Darren Bent »

Don't know about purchasing leave.
1.5 X 40 = 60 * 8.864 /52 = £10.23 a week.

So 1.5% payrise and little less tax on earning will make it less than 7 pounds a week I suspect.

So it might not be too much.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by fishtank »

Darren Bent wrote:Don't know about purchasing leave.
1.5 X 40 = 60 * 8.864 /52 = £10.23 a week.

So 1.5% payrise and little less tax on earning will make it less than 7 pounds a week I suspect.

So it might not be too much.
Plus 54p per week delivery supplement.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Re: How much pay for 40hrs?

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

fishtank wrote:
In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.

Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
Your pay rate includes your delivery supplement minus your deductions for purchased leave.£345.34+£20.06*
If you didn't purchase leave this would be £375.16 so you are paying £9.66 for your extra leave.
Your basic pay does not include your delivery supplement.
(*the reason your delivery supplement is £20.06 and not £20.60 is also because you purchase annual leave)
Thank for the replies. I persume they have it right then, just wanted to make sure they were not short changing me! Isnt everyone on 39hrs now (not 40) after p&m agreement? and no, im not paying for a bike or anything.