No that's before deduction...after you would be looking at £280-£290 all in.Wiggins79 wrote: So, just to make sure I've got this right it's £354.56 plus the £20 odd for the delivery supplement AFTER NI and tax have been taken off? That's a tax code with no other income apart from RM work.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How much pay for 40hrs?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Wiggins79
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Doh- my mistake. I was getting all excited with ££'s in my eyes. That's brought me back down with a bump.
Thanks again for all the calculations by everybody. Got some serious thinking to do now.
Thanks again for all the calculations by everybody. Got some serious thinking to do now.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
mines 283 quid after tax ni and pension

-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Use the tax calculator mate. http://www.taxcalculator.co.uk/#taxsummary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Wiggins79 wrote:Hello everyone- just a quick question as per the title. A full-time duty has become vacant due to retirement and I have the most seniority in our sub-office out of everyone who is considering applying for the job. Can anyone on fulltime please let me know what your wages are after tax and national insurance and including the delivery supplement. Not in London so don't include the subsidy if you get that! I'm just trying to decide whether all the extra back-braking aggro is going to be worth it for me- I'm only on part-time hours at the moment. Thanks in advance!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
ihatedogs wrote: Use the tax calculator mate. http://www.taxcalculator.co.uk/#taxsummary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's a handy tool ihatedogs.
I've just worked out that i actually work for £7.27 an hour and this years massive pay rise will take that up to a whopping £7.36.
All hail the mighty 9p/hr payrise.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
HelsBels
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 04 Mar 2008, 00:37
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
I take home £319.54 give or take a few pence, that's with tax,n.I, union subs and pension taken out, I work 2pm-10pm late shift Monday to Friday
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
fishtank wrote:No idea...you would need to ask Mrs F...i just get pocket money.krussel wrote:Wiggings was asking for take home pay though
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Clive
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 15:16
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Basic pay + DS - Tax & N,Ins = £306.50Wiggins79 wrote:Thanks everyone. I forgot add I meant only tax and NI taken off, not any subs, pensions or leave.
So, just to make sure I've got this right it's £354.56 plus the £20 odd for the delivery supplement AFTER NI and tax have been taken off? That's a tax code with no other income apart from RM work.
-
Wiggins79
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Cheers again. Especially to ihatedogs with the tax calculator. A very handy tool. I'm digging out all my p60's as we speak....
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Just looked at my pay slip and confused.
In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.
Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
I do buy additional leave but surely this wouldnt cost £20 per week!??
Also, ive now been at royal mail for over 6 years, so dont I get extra holiday entitlement (meaning I should be buying less days to make it up to 30 leave days)
Was hoping someone might be clued up on this......
In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.
Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
I do buy additional leave but surely this wouldnt cost £20 per week!??
Also, ive now been at royal mail for over 6 years, so dont I get extra holiday entitlement (meaning I should be buying less days to make it up to 30 leave days)
Was hoping someone might be clued up on this......
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Are you paying for a bike through work, this would take money off the pay rate but not £20, are you on a 40 hour contract?? Also the supplement is taken off the pay rate.Ralph Wiggum wrote:Just looked at my pay slip and confused.
In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.
Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
I do buy additional leave but surely this wouldnt cost £20 per week!??
Also, ive now been at royal mail for over 6 years, so dont I get extra holiday entitlement (meaning I should be buying less days to make it up to 30 leave days)
Was hoping someone might be clued up on this......
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Your pay rate includes your delivery supplement minus your deductions for purchased leave.£345.34+£20.06*In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.
Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
If you didn't purchase leave this would be £375.16 so you are paying £9.66 for your extra leave.
Your basic pay does not include your delivery supplement.
(*the reason your delivery supplement is £20.06 and not £20.60 is also because you purchase annual leave)
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Don't know about purchasing leave.
1.5 X 40 = 60 * 8.864 /52 = £10.23 a week.
So 1.5% payrise and little less tax on earning will make it less than 7 pounds a week I suspect.
So it might not be too much.
1.5 X 40 = 60 * 8.864 /52 = £10.23 a week.
So 1.5% payrise and little less tax on earning will make it less than 7 pounds a week I suspect.
So it might not be too much.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Plus 54p per week delivery supplement.Darren Bent wrote:Don't know about purchasing leave.
1.5 X 40 = 60 * 8.864 /52 = £10.23 a week.
So 1.5% payrise and little less tax on earning will make it less than 7 pounds a week I suspect.
So it might not be too much.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: How much pay for 40hrs?
Thank for the replies. I persume they have it right then, just wanted to make sure they were not short changing me! Isnt everyone on 39hrs now (not 40) after p&m agreement? and no, im not paying for a bike or anything.fishtank wrote:Your pay rate includes your delivery supplement minus your deductions for purchased leave.£345.34+£20.06*In the boxes at the top its says PAY RATE £365.40.
Then under payments, Basic Pay £345.34.
If you didn't purchase leave this would be £375.16 so you are paying £9.66 for your extra leave.
Your basic pay does not include your delivery supplement.
(*the reason your delivery supplement is £20.06 and not £20.60 is also because you purchase annual leave)