ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

After work activity recovery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by not me »

Darren Bent wrote:I would like to know what the best way to recover quickly from work, so I can do some studying. Any tips.

As I want to go home and have an hour break and eat something then hit the books. Sometime I just doze off. Somedays I need 4 hours to recover and then study which is not enough time. As I got to manage time better with studying, watching TV, going to football, do salsa dancing, facebook and video gaming.

sleep? pfft
i study and have a young kid,so i get whatever hours are left at the end of the day
i usually function on around 4-5 hours
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by Darren Bent »

I am doing a course about Energy for next 9 months.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Darren Bent wrote:I would like to know what the best way to recover quickly from work, so I can do some studying. Any tips.

As I want to go home and have an hour break and eat something then hit the books. Sometime I just doze off. Somedays I need 4 hours to recover and then study which is not enough time. As I got to manage time better with studying, watching TV, going to football, do salsa dancing, facebook and video gaming.
Darren Bent wrote:I am doing a course about Energy for next 9 months.
ironic :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
viking
Posts: 245
Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 21:22
Gender: Female

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by viking »

Get a driving job with RM then you will have time and energy to live a normal life. Seems the drivers at our office have it easy and have no idea how knackering it is these days to do a walk although they all complain how overworked they are.... Funny we have just had a FT walking delivery put up for picking and guess what.... Not one of the overworked drivers have shown any interest in it :hmmmm
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by Indy »

Darren Bent wrote:I am doing a course about Energy for next 9 months.
Hmmmm I'm now errrr.... enlightened!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by Lounge Lizard »

viking wrote:Get a driving job with RM then you will have time and energy to live a normal life. Seems the drivers at our office have it easy and have no idea how knackering it is these days to do a walk although they all complain how overworked they are.... Funny we have just had a FT walking delivery put up for picking and guess what.... Not one of the overworked drivers have shown any interest in it :hmmmm
Other way round where I am, cycle deliveries finish much earlier and few want to take the van duties.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by Darren Bent »

Indy wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:I am doing a course about Energy for next 9 months.
Hmmmm I'm now errrr.... enlightened!
T206 - Energy for a sustainable future
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergradu ... e/t206.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by dvbuk55 »

Darren Bent wrote:
Indy wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:I am doing a course about Energy for next 9 months.
Hmmmm I'm now errrr.... enlightened!
T206 - Energy for a sustainable future
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergradu ... e/t206.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No worries there Darren, a study in how to heat your home or office with a sustainable and renewable fuel.............. a few well placed braziers and a lorry brings the fuel every day, so it's simple and sustainable..................job done.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: After work activity recovery

Post by Darren Bent »

Royal Mail could learn from this course with all those vehicles, employees using their own cars, daft ideas like sharing vans and high fuel cost and overheating office.