ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

new uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: new uniform

Post by Wessex »

Agreed .I'd rather have the cash.
gundog140
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Feb 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by gundog140 »

What will happen when/if RM is privatised, yet another rebranding fiasco!
Does anyone remember when RM spent millions rebranding as consignia, only to change it back after 5 minutes!
Remember chaps, you're uniform/equipment is provided by the cheapest bidder!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: new uniform

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gundog140 wrote:Remember chaps, you're uniform/equipment is provided by the cheapest bidder!
Just like the wings on your Easyjet trip to Spain/Europe :wave :wave :wave
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by DemonPostie »

We just got our new uniforms. For some reason, I am the only one in the office to get the Welsh uniform. Everyone else's jackets say "Royal Mail", but mine says "Post Brenhinol".


We're a small office in Dorset, but I'm afraid that after the revisions my new round is going to stretch all the way to Swansea.
Boab
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 17:35
Gender: Female

Re: new uniform

Post by Boab »

DemonPostie wrote:We just got our new uniforms. For some reason, I am the only one in the office to get the Welsh uniform. Everyone else's jackets say "Royal Mail", but mine says "Post Brenhinol".


We're a small office in Dorset, but I'm afraid that after the revisions my new round is going to stretch all the way to Swansea.

LOL!!!
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by DemonPostie »

And yesterday, I found out just how waterproof the new red jackets are.

They aren't.

Oddly, my body was more or less dry, but my arms were soaked, all the way from shoulder to wrist! What gives???
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by blue1873 »

DemonPostie wrote:And yesterday, I found out just how waterproof the new red jackets are.

They aren't.

Oddly, my body was more or less dry, but my arms were soaked, all the way from shoulder to wrist! What gives???
Answer: They bought the cheapest crap they could :mad
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: new uniform

Post by andy2007 »

No change there then. :chuckle
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by Royal_Fail »

I like the new style trousers but i'm not a fan of the fleece coat they are cheap and horrible bring back the harrington!
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: new uniform

Post by andy2007 »

If it wasn't for the tiny pockets (except the one on the leg of course), I'd like them too. It's nice to have the extra pocket on the right side for lefties for a change. Nearly everything else, is designed for right handed people. It can be a real pain! But it would be better, if I didn't have to put everything in that pocket, to avoid things falling out, every time I sit down!
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by SWIM »

shouldnt we be blaming the numpty posties who trialled the new uniform and said it was ok??!! :crazy: :Applause :cuppa
'deal of the century' - dingo
pekeroon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
Gender: Female

Re: new uniform

Post by pekeroon »

SWIM wrote:shouldnt we be blaming the numpty posties who trialled the new uniform and said it was ok??!! :crazy: :Applause :cuppa


they proberbly said it was crap but do royal mail ever listen :roll:
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by blue1873 »

pekeroon wrote:
SWIM wrote:shouldnt we be blaming the numpty posties who trialled the new uniform and said it was ok??!! :crazy: :Applause :cuppa


they proberbly said it was crap but do royal mail ever listen :roll:
Your probably right "the posties say it's crap"
RM say good "let's stick it to these bassa's :left:
pekeroon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
Gender: Female

Re: new uniform

Post by pekeroon »

I wonder how long it will be when after a few washes the jackets turn pink
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: new uniform

Post by POSTMAN »

pekeroon wrote:I wonder how long it will be when after a few washes the jackets turn pink
You're the one that i want.................think about it. :chuckle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.