I just hope nobody leaks this to the local press?cackhill wrote:You'll like this one. They loaned posties out to other offices, in winch, so they could continue the unagreed lapsing (nice touch I thought). The staff used to come in early and use their cars, for the usual reasons, you know, finish early, avoid long bike rides etc. Now they do it so they can complete deliveries so they can avoid any grief from management. They either need the ballot they agreed last october or they need someone to come down from HQ. They need ACTION of some sort.
It's starting to get really difficult to defend CWU in Winchester.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
same as it ever was...
-
peterloo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:31
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Still Nothing.
-
winchpostie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Heard about this forum from walk next to mine - i work at winchester and have done for over 15 years.
My views because what I read seems to not be office I am in!
The lapsing is 15 mins extra delivery or prep (its split) for everyone in the DO, that's all, nothing more. Also it has reduced down now abit compared to the summer.
I am a fair judge of workload and up until this lapsing we was always finishing before our time at 2 - am supposed to finish at 3. I don't see what the issue is with a bit of extra del to fill my day if it keeps me in a job and keeps our DO doing well. DOM tells us at WTLL that we are doing well and are near top in area - why is that wrong.
Again not easy to say but most in DO were making bag loads of time and still are on the quiet days and to time on busy days.
Yes we work harder now but is that a bad thing
- my son just got made redundant from local store
- he would jump at chance of a job with me on F/T money evrn if it did mean 15 mins extra delivery within his work hours.
It's funny how reading this thread can paint one side of story - yes lots people did say have a ballot at our sunday meeting but thats because they don't want to work to their time - they are easily lead. And thats difficult for me to say as they are my friends of over 15 years but its true.
The CWU shoud be doing all they can to protect F/T jobs and not fighting about some small lapsing.
Sorry if this offends anyone but I enjoy my job, the management (2 main ones are ok, the rest not great) are by no means as bad as this paints - in fact they helped alot of people in our DO with different personal and work stuff!
Stop taking WInchester down this rocky road - what's the point - all over working to our time and giving us a little bit of extra delivery.
I am proud of being a postie and also beng in a DO that is doing well compared to other DO's in the area.
My views because what I read seems to not be office I am in!
The lapsing is 15 mins extra delivery or prep (its split) for everyone in the DO, that's all, nothing more. Also it has reduced down now abit compared to the summer.
I am a fair judge of workload and up until this lapsing we was always finishing before our time at 2 - am supposed to finish at 3. I don't see what the issue is with a bit of extra del to fill my day if it keeps me in a job and keeps our DO doing well. DOM tells us at WTLL that we are doing well and are near top in area - why is that wrong.
Yes we work harder now but is that a bad thing
It's funny how reading this thread can paint one side of story - yes lots people did say have a ballot at our sunday meeting but thats because they don't want to work to their time - they are easily lead. And thats difficult for me to say as they are my friends of over 15 years but its true.
The CWU shoud be doing all they can to protect F/T jobs and not fighting about some small lapsing.
Sorry if this offends anyone but I enjoy my job, the management (2 main ones are ok, the rest not great) are by no means as bad as this paints - in fact they helped alot of people in our DO with different personal and work stuff!
Stop taking WInchester down this rocky road - what's the point - all over working to our time and giving us a little bit of extra delivery.
I am proud of being a postie and also beng in a DO that is doing well compared to other DO's in the area.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Everything will be fine, try not to worry 
Bye
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
winch postie ....a car user then ...and perhaps one who arrives early for work too as you seem to relish the thought of more work for no extra pay ?
Of course your manager would be happy he's the one earninig the bonus for your extra work
Of course your manager would be happy he's the one earninig the bonus for your extra work
-
winchpostie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
A Car user - behave son!axeman wrote:winch postie ....a car user then ...and perhaps one who arrives early for work too as you seem to relish the thought of more work for no extra pay ?
Of course your manager would be happy he's the one earninig the bonus for your extra work
we are mainly rural here - arrive early - behave yourself - I got my pint to have 1st!
The point I am making is how can the CWU defend us finishing early which is what we do without the extra lapsing - rurals use vans by the way axeman!
I really hope the CWU have a future in Royal Mail cos I was on that gate back before the agreement but we need to move forward with modern views - Moanng about 15 mins extra work within our duty hours is just silly!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Just opinions.
I suppose it depends on experiences and how you are personally affected by what may or may not be going on.
I have to say though IF....
I suppose it depends on experiences and how you are personally affected by what may or may not be going on.
I have to say though IF....
....then i would imagine winchpostie,that your opinion has to be by definition...in the minority."the Winchester membership finally stood up as one and unanimously supported a ballot
for industrial action"
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
winchpostie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Fishtank - but is it right we have a ballot because people still want to finish before their time because that's the reason why we voted at that meetingfishtank wrote:Just opinions.
I suppose it depends on experiences and how you are personally affected by what may or may not be going on.
I have to say though IF........then i would imagine winchpostie,that your opinion has to be by definition...in the minority."the Winchester membership finally stood up as one and unanimously supported a ballot
for industrial action"
Just think why are we fghting over 15 mins extra work when we have the time to do it - fishtank - only my view ofcourse.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
gotta laugh,DO staff have a sly dig in the MC forum about the massive breaks we have,and you got posties trying to strike because they can't get away an HOUR early every day

same as it ever was...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
That's not for me to comment on...i don't work in the office,i don't know how unachievable the workload is,i don't know what the management culture is like and i don't know who,if anybody is finishing early.winchpostie wrote: Fishtank - but is it right we have a ballot because people still want to finish before their time because that's the reason why we voted at that meeting - two in my row were fnishing an hour before their time - that's why they want to go out, not because the work is unacheievable.
In my personal experience though it is very difficult to achieve an overwhelming vote for industrial action simply on the basis that you want to finish early...most people are aware that this is no longer sustainable and though almost everybody will moan about it....very few would vote to lose money to try to defend the indefensible.
At the end of the day though if you are a union member,you have to accept the result of a democratic ballot...you may not like it or the way it was carried out but it is what it is....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
One mans opinion and in my eperience certainly not reflected in most DOs I know. Also you have to remember that either side could be playing a game of disinformation, eg Managers prentending to be posties and saying eveything is rosy or militants making it look worse than it really is. You have to take it on face value and make your own mind up I know which way I am leaning.hubbahubba wrote:gotta laugh,DO staff have a sly dig in the MC forum about the massive breaks we have,and you got posties trying to strike because they can't get away an HOUR early every day![]()
Also a lot of "runners" will forgoe 40 minute breaks and use the 15 minute travelling time to "finish" an hour early - but some of them can't see that management use this "early" finish as an excuse to Lapse where no time eists within the duty all they see is someone finishing early and don't investigate why.
[All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
winchpostie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
some good points raised and agree with fishtank about the vote (although I will add that out of about 150 of us who work at winch (not sure exact total like), there were about 40 at the meeting where we voted) - I will always back CWU but still have my own personal views.
All I can say is that my dad was a good postie and that's all I am trying to be - I am proud to work here and enjoy my job. Interesting to hear the views though.
All I can say is that my dad was a good postie and that's all I am trying to be - I am proud to work here and enjoy my job. Interesting to hear the views though.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
There are a lot of genuine problems at various D.O.s around the country....none of them have reached the gate.winchpostie wrote: some good points raised but surely the proof of whether there are issues or not in any DO comes down to the fact that we are STILL NOT OUT on the gate! If it were so bad - why has nothing happened since last year.
I'm afraid that is not proof of anything other than either...
1) A genuine commitment by Royal Mail and the CWU to resolve these issues at local level before they escalate to the point of industrial action.
Or...
2) Some serious and unwarranted pressure/blocking being applied to local/area reps to keep a lid on the whole thing in order that BTA is not derailed and the CWU position is not threatened.
The answer to that...i will leave members to decide.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
winchpostie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Fishtank - And views on D2D - that is an issue that I do have in terms of payment and I am doing 5 contracts every week