alloria wrote:I have noticed in a few of our new Bipper vans that the indicator lever does not seem to work right. The indicator lights sometimes still continue to flash after the lever is returned to the centre position. Has anybody else noticed this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Problem with Bipper Vans?
-
somerset
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 16:23
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
Yep my car has this feature. I think slot of new cars have the 4 way thing on heavy braking. The indicator I've got you sort if half put it on it flashes three times and that's it. For as you say motorway overtaking.somerset wrote:alloria wrote:I have noticed in a few of our new Bipper vans that the indicator lever does not seem to work right. The indicator lights sometimes still continue to flash after the lever is returned to the centre position. Has anybody else noticed this?This is not a fault . Read the instrustion manual ? Something to do with motorway driving. If you cancel it , it flashes 3 times to the other way ! Weird ! Also if you slam the brakes on the 4 ways come on ?
-
lew1275
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
I had great fun testing out the hazard brake lights the other month :P And the indicators have a lane-changing feature which means you only have to flick it down for a second for it to activate 3 times.
I think they are cute little vans but terrible build quality! Mine has 15,000 miles and the gear linkages are buggered so it's been out of service for a month, also the passenger side electric window switch has fallen into the door card, drivers seat is loose and rear interior light does not work already
I think they are cute little vans but terrible build quality! Mine has 15,000 miles and the gear linkages are buggered so it's been out of service for a month, also the passenger side electric window switch has fallen into the door card, drivers seat is loose and rear interior light does not work already
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
No offence but the way most vans are driven in RM I'm surprised more of them aren't completely FUBAR, I've seen Combos with the same problems (and Fords) so it's the person driving them not the vehicle.lew1275 wrote:I had great fun testing out the hazard brake lights the other month :P And the indicators have a lane-changing feature which means you only have to flick it down for a second for it to activate 3 times.
I think they are cute little vans but terrible build quality! Mine has 15,000 miles and the gear linkages are buggered so it's been out of service for a month, also the passenger side electric window switch has fallen into the door card, drivers seat is loose and rear interior light does not work already
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
I know a rural driver who caused £26,000 worth of damage to vans over a three year period...so you have a point because he never had an RTA involving another vehicle.DGP1 wrote: it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I think he went through 3 gearboxes in 3 years.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
Anyone on here who had to drive 80's Sherpa will find any Bipper with all it faults like a Merc 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
fergy7197
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2010, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
£26,000?? that is nearly 3 new combo's!!fishtank wrote:I know a rural driver who caused £26,000 worth of damage to vans over a three year period...so you have a point because he never had an RTA involving another vehicle.DGP1 wrote: it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I think he went through 3 gearboxes in 3 years.
I have never understood why RM insist that a combo is up to the job of a rural, in our DO all we have is combo's but in biggar they have ranger's.
yet we have 18 rurals some which are just unsuitable for a combo, yet they will sit and scratch their heads when it comes back, with buckled wheels, buggered tracking (which they claim there is no point in fixing)
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
I think the problem is speed, slow down and these problems won't happenfergy7197 wrote:£26,000?? that is nearly 3 new combo's!!fishtank wrote:I know a rural driver who caused £26,000 worth of damage to vans over a three year period...so you have a point because he never had an RTA involving another vehicle.DGP1 wrote: it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I think he went through 3 gearboxes in 3 years.
I have never understood why RM insist that a combo is up to the job of a rural, in our DO all we have is combo's but in biggar they have ranger's.
yet we have 18 rurals some which are just unsuitable for a combo, yet they will sit and scratch their heads when it comes back, with buckled wheels, buggered tracking (which they claim there is no point in fixing), broken springs snapped droplinks, the list goes on.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fergy7197
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2010, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
ah but pegasus says we should be doing 60 on national speed limit roads, who am I to defy the mighty pegasus!!!
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
Yeah, I had a Bipper for 1 day but could barely fit 1 duty in it let alone the oversize and trollies.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position the Vauxhall Combi.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position the Vauxhall Combi.
-
enzio
- Posts: 379
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
i like them i think there great 
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
I drive a combi. don't like them...seating positions too low.Spedley wrote:Yeah, I had a Bipper for 1 day but could barely fit 1 duty in it let alone the oversize and trollies.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position the Vauxhall Combi.
prefer the fords.
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?
Yeah, I spent ages looking for the lever to raise it - no, there isn't one.SWIM wrote:I drive a combi. don't like them...seating positions too low.Spedley wrote:Yeah, I had a Bipper for 1 day but could barely fit 1 duty in it let alone the oversize and trollies.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position thanthe Vauxhall Combi.
prefer the fords.
It's even worse now the van has done 60k miles because some fat arse has dropped it another 2". Tempted to take an old pillow to work but I'm sure H&S wouldn't like that.