ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Problem with Bipper Vans?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
somerset
Posts: 582
Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 16:23

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by somerset »

alloria wrote:I have noticed in a few of our new Bipper vans that the indicator lever does not seem to work right. The indicator lights sometimes still continue to flash after the lever is returned to the centre position. Has anybody else noticed this?
:cuppa This is not a fault . Read the instrustion manual ? Something to do with motorway driving. If you cancel it , it flashes 3 times to the other way ! Weird ! Also if you slam the brakes on the 4 ways come on ?
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by sidewinder »

somerset wrote:
alloria wrote:I have noticed in a few of our new Bipper vans that the indicator lever does not seem to work right. The indicator lights sometimes still continue to flash after the lever is returned to the centre position. Has anybody else noticed this?
:cuppa This is not a fault . Read the instrustion manual ? Something to do with motorway driving. If you cancel it , it flashes 3 times to the other way ! Weird ! Also if you slam the brakes on the 4 ways come on ?
Yep my car has this feature. I think slot of new cars have the 4 way thing on heavy braking. The indicator I've got you sort if half put it on it flashes three times and that's it. For as you say motorway overtaking.
lew1275
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 30
Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by lew1275 »

I had great fun testing out the hazard brake lights the other month :P And the indicators have a lane-changing feature which means you only have to flick it down for a second for it to activate 3 times.

I think they are cute little vans but terrible build quality! Mine has 15,000 miles and the gear linkages are buggered so it's been out of service for a month, also the passenger side electric window switch has fallen into the door card, drivers seat is loose and rear interior light does not work already :hmmmm
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by DGP1 »

lew1275 wrote:I had great fun testing out the hazard brake lights the other month :P And the indicators have a lane-changing feature which means you only have to flick it down for a second for it to activate 3 times.

I think they are cute little vans but terrible build quality! Mine has 15,000 miles and the gear linkages are buggered so it's been out of service for a month, also the passenger side electric window switch has fallen into the door card, drivers seat is loose and rear interior light does not work already :hmmmm
No offence but the way most vans are driven in RM I'm surprised more of them aren't completely FUBAR, I've seen Combos with the same problems (and Fords) so it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by fishtank »

DGP1 wrote: it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I know a rural driver who caused £26,000 worth of damage to vans over a three year period...so you have a point because he never had an RTA involving another vehicle.
I think he went through 3 gearboxes in 3 years.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by krussel »

Anyone on here who had to drive 80's Sherpa will find any Bipper with all it faults like a Merc :roll:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fergy7197
Posts: 33
Joined: 21 May 2010, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by fergy7197 »

fishtank wrote:
DGP1 wrote: it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I know a rural driver who caused £26,000 worth of damage to vans over a three year period...so you have a point because he never had an RTA involving another vehicle.
I think he went through 3 gearboxes in 3 years.
£26,000?? that is nearly 3 new combo's!!

I have never understood why RM insist that a combo is up to the job of a rural, in our DO all we have is combo's but in biggar they have ranger's.

yet we have 18 rurals some which are just unsuitable for a combo, yet they will sit and scratch their heads when it comes back, with buckled wheels, buggered tracking (which they claim there is no point in fixing) :arrrghhh , broken springs snapped droplinks, the list goes on.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by DGP1 »

fergy7197 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
DGP1 wrote: it's the person driving them not the vehicle.
I know a rural driver who caused £26,000 worth of damage to vans over a three year period...so you have a point because he never had an RTA involving another vehicle.
I think he went through 3 gearboxes in 3 years.
£26,000?? that is nearly 3 new combo's!!

I have never understood why RM insist that a combo is up to the job of a rural, in our DO all we have is combo's but in biggar they have ranger's.

yet we have 18 rurals some which are just unsuitable for a combo, yet they will sit and scratch their heads when it comes back, with buckled wheels, buggered tracking (which they claim there is no point in fixing) :arrrghhh , broken springs snapped droplinks, the list goes on.
I think the problem is speed, slow down and these problems won't happen :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fergy7197
Posts: 33
Joined: 21 May 2010, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by fergy7197 »

ah but pegasus says we should be doing 60 on national speed limit roads, who am I to defy the mighty pegasus!!!
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by Spedley »

Yeah, I had a Bipper for 1 day but could barely fit 1 duty in it let alone the oversize and trollies.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position the Vauxhall Combi.
enzio
Posts: 379
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by enzio »

i like them i think there great :crazy:
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by SWIM »

Spedley wrote:Yeah, I had a Bipper for 1 day but could barely fit 1 duty in it let alone the oversize and trollies.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position the Vauxhall Combi.
I drive a combi. don't like them...seating positions too low.
prefer the fords.
'deal of the century' - dingo
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Problem with Bipper Vans?

Post by Spedley »

SWIM wrote:
Spedley wrote:Yeah, I had a Bipper for 1 day but could barely fit 1 duty in it let alone the oversize and trollies.
Quite nice to drive actually and a much better seating position thanthe Vauxhall Combi.
I drive a combi. don't like them...seating positions too low.
prefer the fords.
Yeah, I spent ages looking for the lever to raise it - no, there isn't one.
It's even worse now the van has done 60k miles because some fat arse has dropped it another 2". Tempted to take an old pillow to work but I'm sure H&S wouldn't like that.