It was part of the Way Forward Agreement, though RM weren't expecting the amount of people who applied.Indy wrote:There is NO right to be able to buy a 6 week holiday entitlement..... I had to put it in writing and request it. Coz it was such a long time ago it was O.K'd but people have recently been turned down with the same request. I know that RM can seems stupid at times but they aint THAT stoopid!moyas slave wrote:I have worked out that if all staff in our office bought the max (6weeks) leave that there simply wouldnt be enough weeks in the year for everybody to take them.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
At my office you can buy an extra weeks leave so in total you can have 6 weeks.
Baldrick - Regarding the above being part of the way forward, ever since i joined RM 13 years ago there has been the right to buy an extra weeks holiday.
We are allowed to carry over 5 days.
You can cancel annual leave as otherwise it is FORCED leave ( i asked my union man).
Regarding the OP tell your manager you don't need the leave he's given you and tell him when you do want it, if he says you cant cancel it speak to your union rep. I for one wouldn't put up with being told when to take holidays!
Baldrick - Regarding the above being part of the way forward, ever since i joined RM 13 years ago there has been the right to buy an extra weeks holiday.
We are allowed to carry over 5 days.
You can cancel annual leave as otherwise it is FORCED leave ( i asked my union man).
Regarding the OP tell your manager you don't need the leave he's given you and tell him when you do want it, if he says you cant cancel it speak to your union rep. I for one wouldn't put up with being told when to take holidays!
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
Really? Feck that.DGP1 wrote:FFS Postman, we've had our summer leave reduced this year, only 5 when it used to be 8 (not that I care, I still got decent weeks).POSTMAN wrote:Part of the pay and mod agreement with the summer lapsing is you have extra holiday spaces booked.
So in the summer if you are lapsing you should have extra slots.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Tommase
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 13:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
Interesting, Thank you. I was going to contact my union rep but to be honest he's not the most accomodating person ! I will take this information back in tomorrow morning.da'bunny wrote:At my office you can buy an extra weeks leave so in total you can have 6 weeks.
Baldrick - Regarding the above being part of the way forward, ever since i joined RM 13 years ago there has been the right to buy an extra weeks holiday.
We are allowed to carry over 5 days.
You can cancel annual leave as otherwise it is FORCED leave ( i asked my union man).
Regarding the OP tell your manager you don't need the leave he's given you and tell him when you do want it, if he says you cant cancel it speak to your union rep. I for one wouldn't put up with being told when to take holidays!
Its being forced to go to another DO that is grating me though ! Surely it should be the leave reserve that is surplus to requirement ?
-
Baz1978
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 23:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
Looking at our holidays picked, and as it goes on seniorority, and its now down to four off at a time with 24 walks I am not going to get a week off until late october. got a holiday booked abroad with my familiy late may (you have to book them early or you pay loads more which I can't afford to do) Now it looks like I will not get this week, as it's double over subscribed, so what do I do? If I put in a transfer to a nearer office to me, which would save me about £20 a week on travelling anyway, would I ge this holiday?
-
moyas slave
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 15 Jan 2011, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
Baz1978 wrote:Looking at our holidays picked, and as it goes on seniorority, and its now down to four off at a time with 24 walks I am not going to get a week off until late october. got a holiday booked abroad with my familiy late may (you have to book them early or you pay loads more which I can't afford to do) Now it looks like I will not get this week, as it's double over subscribed, so what do I do? If I put in a transfer to a nearer office to me, which would save me about £20 a week on travelling anyway, would I ge this holiday?
would you get the transfer? and hols will have already been allocated in new DO.
-
sanyo
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
Did you e mail HR?, if so what did they say? I would also be interested in buying more weeks. Thanks in advance.baldrick wrote: It must have been a mistake by HR. I don't think you can buy over 6 weeks.
If you could I certainly would. I might email HR to check that out.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
No, sorry I didn't. I decided it must be a mistake.sanyo wrote:Did you e mail HR?, if so what did they say? I would also be interested in buying more weeks. Thanks in advance.baldrick wrote: It must have been a mistake by HR. I don't think you can buy over 6 weeks.
If you could I certainly would. I might email HR to check that out.
-
sanyo
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I cancel my own annual leave ?
Yeah! that's what i was thinking.No, sorry I didn't. I decided it must be a mistake.