ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Next round of pay talk
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Next round of pay talk
In the current political climate and compared to others, the deal isn't bad but that doesn't make it good. I'm full.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
jack straw
- Posts: 260
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 17:08
- Gender: Female
Re: Next round of pay talk
2011 - 1.4% increasefishtank wrote:POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?![]()
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch.
Quality Union eh? :dcfo
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
For working same hours ?fishtank wrote:I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch.POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?
Not accounting for 39 hour week.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
Yes...i was a D2D baron.gb93 wrote:For working same hours ?fishtank wrote:I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch.POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?
Not accounting for 39 hour week.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
Still got the RM2000 in the spare bedroom ?fishtank wrote:Yes...i was a D2D baron.gb93 wrote:For working same hours ?fishtank wrote:I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch.POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?
Not accounting for 39 hour week.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
Yes but i had to add a couple of wings for park&loop.gb93 wrote: Still got the RM2000 in the spare bedroom ?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
Certainly didn't have you down as kinky ft...........well not that kinky anyway....now I'm beginning to get an image, faux suede top, leather strapsfishtank wrote:Yes but i had to add a couple of wings for park&loop.gb93 wrote: Still got the RM2000 in the spare bedroom ?
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Next round of pay talk
I'm taking home less than I did in 1988.......stuffedfishtank wrote:I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch.POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?
Bye
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England, says that with pay being held down and prices rising, real income will fall by the end of the year to what it was in 2005 (Daily Telegraph). :dcfo :ncfo :vcfo
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Next round of pay talk
Mervyn King also said that British workers were seeing the biggest fall in their take home pay and standard of living since the "great depression " of the 1920's , still it could be worse ,or should that be it will get worse.
Thank goodness the bankers and city traders have managed to keep their £million bonuses ,without them where would we be? 
Bye
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
And Cameron wants to pay off the debt in one year. The man has no idea what he is doing to the welfare of middle and lower classes in society and like the lady , he is not for turning. Look what happened to her. I think it will happen very much quicker to Cameron because there is a growing swell of discontent in this country and we are much more multi cultural than we were in the late eighties, early nineties and much more likely to take up arms metaphorically speaking against attacks on the fabric of this country.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Next round of pay talk
I am taking home less than I did in 1995fishtank wrote:I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch.POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
MisterPostie
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Next round of pay talk
Ah well, there's always the expensesPOSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.
Food for thought?
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
Re: Next round of pay talk
I hope your right but i dont see any real challenge that will stop the Cameron government pressing on with its agenda whichLincox wrote: there is a growing swell of discontent in this country and we are much more multi cultural than we were in the late eighties, early nineties and much more likely to take up arms metaphorically speaking against attacks on the fabric of this country.
less face it isnt a stones throw from what the Labour party had started with P.F.I in education and privatisation
with a small 'p' in the NHS / Royal Mail and the sell off of air traffic control etc
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Next round of pay talk
I used to take a lot of mail home with me but I got caught.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I am taking home less than I did in 1995![]()
Fortunately I got a 2 year serious. I don't do it any more.
Wasn't that what you meant?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.