ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Next round of pay talk

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by clashcityrocker »

In the current political climate and compared to others, the deal isn't bad but that doesn't make it good. I'm full.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
jack straw
Posts: 260
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 17:08
Gender: Female

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by jack straw »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
:wave
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch. :wink:
2011 - 1.4% increase

Quality Union eh? :dcfo
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by gb93 »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch. :wink:
For working same hours ?
Not accounting for 39 hour week.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by fishtank »

gb93 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch. :wink:
For working same hours ?
Not accounting for 39 hour week.
Yes...i was a D2D baron. :wink:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by gb93 »

fishtank wrote:
gb93 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch. :wink:
For working same hours ?
Not accounting for 39 hour week.
Yes...i was a D2D baron. :wink:
Still got the RM2000 in the spare bedroom ? :chuckle
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by fishtank »

gb93 wrote: Still got the RM2000 in the spare bedroom ? :chuckle
Yes but i had to add a couple of wings for park&loop. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
gb93 wrote: Still got the RM2000 in the spare bedroom ? :chuckle
Yes but i had to add a couple of wings for park&loop. :chuckle
Certainly didn't have you down as kinky ft...........well not that kinky anyway....now I'm beginning to get an image, faux suede top, leather straps :shock:
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by BELIAL »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch. :wink:
I'm taking home less than I did in 1988.......stuffed :Sick :chuckle
Bye
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by baldrick »

Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England, says that with pay being held down and prices rising, real income will fall by the end of the year to what it was in 2005 (Daily Telegraph). :dcfo :ncfo :vcfo
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by BELIAL »

Mervyn King also said that British workers were seeing the biggest fall in their take home pay and standard of living since the "great depression " of the 1920's , still it could be worse ,or should that be it will get worse. :sad: Thank goodness the bankers and city traders have managed to keep their £million bonuses ,without them where would we be? :chuckle
Bye
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by Lincox »

And Cameron wants to pay off the debt in one year. The man has no idea what he is doing to the welfare of middle and lower classes in society and like the lady , he is not for turning. Look what happened to her. I think it will happen very much quicker to Cameron because there is a growing swell of discontent in this country and we are much more multi cultural than we were in the late eighties, early nineties and much more likely to take up arms metaphorically speaking against attacks on the fabric of this country.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
I'm taking home less than i did in 2008......more to munch. :wink:
I am taking home less than I did in 1995 :shhhhh :shhhhh
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
MisterPostie
Posts: 48
Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 20:37
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by MisterPostie »

POSTMAN wrote:Mother in law who works for the local authority told me at the w/e that she's got a pay freeze for 4 years!
They told her and her colleagues like it or lump it.

Food for thought?
Ah well, there's always the expenses :Very Happy
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by Danelectro »

Lincox wrote: there is a growing swell of discontent in this country and we are much more multi cultural than we were in the late eighties, early nineties and much more likely to take up arms metaphorically speaking against attacks on the fabric of this country.
I hope your right but i dont see any real challenge that will stop the Cameron government pressing on with its agenda which
less face it isnt a stones throw from what the Labour party had started with P.F.I in education and privatisation
with a small 'p' in the NHS / Royal Mail and the sell off of air traffic control etc
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by clashcityrocker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I am taking home less than I did in 1995 :shhhhh :shhhhh
I used to take a lot of mail home with me but I got caught.
Fortunately I got a 2 year serious. I don't do it any more.
Wasn't that what you meant?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.