ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how you doing for tips?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by DGP1 »

Sippin40oz wrote:Only got 2 x £5 this year... Pretty tight from the rest of my walk if you ask me! Especially as those two tips were from probably 2 of the poorest looking people on my round! Almost felt like giving it back to them :left:
You can't give them it back, they get insulted if you do/try, just accept and say thanks and remember to be nice to them in the future.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by bunkerland »

Sippin40oz wrote:Only got 2 x £5 this year... Pretty tight from the rest of my walk if you ask me! Especially as those two tips were from probably 2 of the poorest looking people on my round! Almost felt like giving it back to them :left:
It's always nice to get tips from fellow posties though! :Very Happy
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by krussel »

I always go that extra mile for the ones who remember me at christmas. Not only the ones who give me money or gifts but also the ones who came out and offered a cup of tea as well. :Very Happy

A new round next year so a clean slate :crazy:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by wiganpostie »

I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates :Applause
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wiganpostie wrote:I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates :Applause
And early tomorrow morning the milkman will be wandering where payment for the weeks milk has gone. :shock: :shock:
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Godric »

ended up with £450 as i had a hernia op last thursday ..... the last 2 days are the best for tipping ... i just hope the guys covering my duty clean up the rest
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by wiganpostie »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates :Applause
And early tomorrow morning the milkman will be wandering where payment for the weeks milk has gone. :shock: :shock:
No I found it on the street - the two pound coin first, as a result of which I spent the next three hours desperately scouring the pavement for more, one eye going in one direction and the other eye looking the other way, like a demented Marty Feldman wannabe. :crazy:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by clashcityrocker »

The best tips are when you have finished your round and you are cutting through someone else's walk to get to the bus stop/shop/office and some random person you have never seen before rushes up - I'm so glad I caught you postie - and gives you £20.
And you know it is for someone else but you take it anyway cos the cock of a postie it was really destined for starts early and uses their car.
f**k them. :Very Happy
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wiganpostie wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates :Applause
And early tomorrow morning the milkman will be wandering where payment for the weeks milk has gone. :shock: :shock:
No I found it on the street - the two pound coin first, as a result of which I spent the next three hours desperately scouring the pavement for more, one eye going in one direction and the other eye looking the other way, like a demented Marty Feldman wannabe. :crazy:
- and so distracted with looking for the next coin that you fell off the pier :crazy: :nana :crazy: