You can't give them it back, they get insulted if you do/try, just accept and say thanks and remember to be nice to them in the future.Sippin40oz wrote:Only got 2 x £5 this year... Pretty tight from the rest of my walk if you ask me! Especially as those two tips were from probably 2 of the poorest looking people on my round! Almost felt like giving it back to them
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how you doing for tips?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: how you doing for tips?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
It's always nice to get tips from fellow posties though!Sippin40oz wrote:Only got 2 x £5 this year... Pretty tight from the rest of my walk if you ask me! Especially as those two tips were from probably 2 of the poorest looking people on my round! Almost felt like giving it back to them
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: how you doing for tips?
I always go that extra mile for the ones who remember me at christmas. Not only the ones who give me money or gifts but also the ones who came out and offered a cup of tea as well.
A new round next year so a clean slate
A new round next year so a clean slate
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: how you doing for tips?
And early tomorrow morning the milkman will be wandering where payment for the weeks milk has gone.wiganpostie wrote:I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: how you doing for tips?
ended up with £450 as i had a hernia op last thursday ..... the last 2 days are the best for tipping ... i just hope the guys covering my duty clean up the rest
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
No I found it on the street - the two pound coin first, as a result of which I spent the next three hours desperately scouring the pavement for more, one eye going in one direction and the other eye looking the other way, like a demented Marty Feldman wannabe.Lounge Lizard wrote:And early tomorrow morning the milkman will be wandering where payment for the weeks milk has gone.wiganpostie wrote:I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates![]()
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16738
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: how you doing for tips?
The best tips are when you have finished your round and you are cutting through someone else's walk to get to the bus stop/shop/office and some random person you have never seen before rushes up - I'm so glad I caught you postie - and gives you £20.
And you know it is for someone else but you take it anyway cos the cock of a postie it was really destined for starts early and uses their car.
f**k them.
And you know it is for someone else but you take it anyway cos the cock of a postie it was really destined for starts early and uses their car.
f**k them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: how you doing for tips?
- and so distracted with looking for the next coin that you fell off the pierwiganpostie wrote:No I found it on the street - the two pound coin first, as a result of which I spent the next three hours desperately scouring the pavement for more, one eye going in one direction and the other eye looking the other way, like a demented Marty Feldman wannabe.Lounge Lizard wrote:And early tomorrow morning the milkman will be wandering where payment for the weeks milk has gone.wiganpostie wrote:I found three quid and ten pence on my duty today as a result of the snow melting, so I'm counting it as a Christmas tip, which brings my grand total to thirty three quid, ten pence and a box of chocolates![]()