ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

first christmas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: first christmas

Post by Judgee »

Swap each xmas card pre xmas for a brochure or magazine after xmas and you can pretty much work out how fecking hard things get in the new year... and you don't even have the small hope of the odd xmas tip to keep ya going like too! :sad:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: first christmas

Post by steven100 »

Remember the added d2ds. Looking forward to a fun 2 days next week.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: first christmas

Post by Big Daz »

My first Christmas way back in 91 I didnt start delivering untill 9AM :crazy: :chuckle
mucker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 605
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 14:12
Gender: Female
Location: cloud cookoo land

Re: first christmas

Post by mucker »

My 25th and worst xmas by a mile :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :vcfo
"I have opinions of my own –strong opinions– but I don’t always agree with them"

Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie

"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: first christmas

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come. :roll:
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail. :sad:
:shock: What,why? :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: first christmas

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come. :roll:
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail. :sad:
:shock: What,why? :nervous
My knee is fecked. :neutral:
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows? :whistle
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess? :left: :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: first christmas

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I've heard that there's someone on here that just about remembers the First Christmas, but I can't remember who it is. :crazy: :nana :crazy:
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: first christmas

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come. :roll:
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail. :sad:
:shock: What,why? :nervous
My knee is fecked. :neutral:
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows? :whistle
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess? :left: :chuckle
2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it! :left:
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie. :sad:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: first christmas

Post by Stormproof »

POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come. :roll:
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail. :sad:
:shock: What,why? :nervous
My knee is fecked. :neutral:
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows? :whistle
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess? :left: :chuckle
2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it! :left:
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie. :sad:
Don't get me started :silenced
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: first christmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ImageImage
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Broxi51
Posts: 1154
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
Location: Scotland

Re: first christmas

Post by Broxi51 »

Stormproof wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come. :roll:
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail. :sad:
:shock: What,why? :nervous
My knee is fecked. :neutral:
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows? :whistle
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess? :left: :chuckle
2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it! :left:
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie. :sad:
Don't get me started :silenced
Welcome to Royal Mail Octogenarian Chat.............Must have own teeth :nervous
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: first christmas

Post by RedBagMan »

Broxi51 wrote:Welcome to Royal Mail Octogenarian Chat.............Must have own teeth :nervous
Fail on that one then ... and did I mention the 15" metal plate holding my right thigh together ?
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: first christmas

Post by DGP1 »

Broxi51 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come. :roll:
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail. :sad:
:shock: What,why? :nervous
My knee is fecked. :neutral:
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows? :whistle
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess? :left: :chuckle
2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it! :left:
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie. :sad:
Don't get me started :silenced
Welcome to Royal Mail Octogenarian Chat.............Must have own teeth :nervous
When you say own teeth, does paying for them count :nervous
Both my knees are fubar, both ankles are on their way out, heel spurs on both feet, plantars on one foot, hip is gone, lower back is fecked, middle of back is going, neck also staring to go, arthritis in fingers.....................but my eyesight is perfect :chuckle


ps. my mind is totally gone with the fairies..............but I thought that was a prerequisite for the job :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: first christmas

Post by Stormproof »

I thought your eyesight would be the first thing to go DGP :whistle
Image
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: first christmas

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:I thought your eyesight would be the first thing to go DGP :whistle
Image
You're cruel :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio