ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
first christmas
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: first christmas
Swap each xmas card pre xmas for a brochure or magazine after xmas and you can pretty much work out how fecking hard things get in the new year... and you don't even have the small hope of the odd xmas tip to keep ya going like too! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: first christmas
Remember the added d2ds. Looking forward to a fun 2 days next week.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: first christmas
My first Christmas way back in 91 I didnt start delivering untill 9AM

-
mucker
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 14:12
- Gender: Female
- Location: cloud cookoo land
Re: first christmas
My 25th and worst xmas by a mile
:vcfo
"I have opinions of my own –strong opinions– but I don’t always agree with them"
Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie
"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie
"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: first christmas
fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come.![]()
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: first christmas
My knee is fecked.POSTMAN wrote:fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come.![]()
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail.What,why?
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows?
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: first christmas
I've heard that there's someone on here that just about remembers the First Christmas, but I can't remember who it is.

-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: first christmas
2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.fishtank wrote:My knee is fecked.POSTMAN wrote:fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come.![]()
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail.What,why?
![]()
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows?![]()
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess?![]()
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it!
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: first christmas
Don't get me startedPOSTMAN wrote:2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.fishtank wrote:My knee is fecked.POSTMAN wrote:fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come.![]()
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail.What,why?
![]()
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows?![]()
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess?![]()
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it!
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: first christmas


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
Re: first christmas
Welcome to Royal Mail Octogenarian Chat.............Must have own teethStormproof wrote:Don't get me startedPOSTMAN wrote:2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.fishtank wrote:My knee is fecked.POSTMAN wrote:fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come.![]()
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail.What,why?
![]()
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows?![]()
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess?![]()
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it!
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: first christmas
Fail on that one then ... and did I mention the 15" metal plate holding my right thigh together ?Broxi51 wrote:Welcome to Royal Mail Octogenarian Chat.............Must have own teeth
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: first christmas
When you say own teeth, does paying for them countBroxi51 wrote:Welcome to Royal Mail Octogenarian Chat.............Must have own teethStormproof wrote:Don't get me startedPOSTMAN wrote:2 dodgy knees the left worse than the right,apparently i need the joints shaved or summin,doc said it wasn't that bad yet but my left one goes numb after driving for a while,clutch i guess,but it goes numb if i stand up for even short periods.fishtank wrote:My knee is fecked.POSTMAN wrote:fishtank wrote:I think there is still a lot of Christmas to come.![]()
I also think this might be my last Christmas with Royal Mail.What,why?
![]()
Actually both my knees are fecked but my right knee is double fecked..and my left elbow...etc.
I'm looking at two Ops in about 12 weeks and then who knows?![]()
To be honest i'm not exactly in lurve with the job anymore......couldn't you guess?![]()
Ankles fecked and have arthritis in my toes.
Dodgy back,i have to be seriously careful what i lift.
Dodgy right shoulder so i carry about 5k and that's pushing it.
Then there's.................................well you started it!
Teebs can we have a 'if he was a feckin horse.....' smilie.
Both my knees are fubar, both ankles are on their way out, heel spurs on both feet, plantars on one foot, hip is gone, lower back is fecked, middle of back is going, neck also staring to go, arthritis in fingers.....................but my eyesight is perfect
ps. my mind is totally gone with the fairies..............but I thought that was a prerequisite for the job
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: first christmas
I thought your eyesight would be the first thing to go DGP 


So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: first christmas
You're cruelStormproof wrote:I thought your eyesight would be the first thing to go DGP
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio