ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how you doing for tips?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postman Plodd
Posts: 596
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Postman Plodd »

custard wrote:£0 :nana
Ditto
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by taurus88 »

Dunno why people worry, just do the job, no point hoping that people will like you enough to tip you.
bottletree
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by bottletree »

taurus88 wrote:Dunno why people worry, just do the job, no point hoping that people will like you enough to tip you.
I think its more than that. I see it as a thankyou for going that extra mile during the year. I see it as a bonus for delivering in ridiculously bad weather that really we should get triple pay for doing. I see it as a simple act of human kindness that says to the postman"I know you get a regular wage and all that, but here's a tip for delivering all them ebay packets that i dont need and xmas cards i look at once and hang on the wall looking tacky".
I also see it as a bloody right cause it's a bloody hard friggin job with stupid hours and a job that a lot of people pack in the first week of doing. :mad :mad :mad

Nuff said. :evil/mad
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by jaylime »

£180 so far,4 bottles of wine,1 bottle of whiskey,1 bottle of southern comfort,1 box of stella bottles,one crate of carling,4 cans of belgian ale,3 tins of chocs(heroes and celebrations) and prob more to come.Musn't grumble.
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by da'bunny »

Things are looking up! i currently have £142 and 2 presents, more than last year and more than i expected :Very Happy
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by taurus88 »

I've doubled mine today to £20 - plus a box of quality street. Not bad for a 'deprived' area, but it still wouldn't have made any difference to me had I got £0 or £100 (although the latter would have let me out-boast the resident boaster with his £90 so far). I've been on this job for 18 weeks, so I've made a positive impression on a few folk at least.
thevardinator
Posts: 165
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by thevardinator »

I'm up to £15 now, I must be doing something right.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

70 squids, some Thorntons choccys and a bottle of Chardonnay! :nana :dance

Bit shocked to be honest, been given tips off some customers who I have barely seen since signing up to this walk in late March.

I was even happy to give my "day off cover" (it was his walk from starting as a rookie last Xmas until resign) £10, ~1/6 of my tally upto yesterday. Don't all die of shock! :silenced
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by DGP1 »

So far, £125, 1 bottle of wine, 1 tin of Quality Street, some biscuits, other sweets so all in all a good year for me :Very Happy

And a lot of the cards saying how thankful they are for me delivering in this weather :Very Happy which has made me feel a lot happier and not as grumpty as I usually am (and more likely to go that extra mile to deliver for them and not for RM).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
redspartapost
Posts: 151
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by redspartapost »

£256 and 1 bottle of wine,little bit down on last year but not complaining as times are hard.just as happy with the cards from customers with nothing in them :Very Happy
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by SWIM »

£390,bottle of wine.
'deal of the century' - dingo
scribe
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Dec 2010, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by scribe »

nothing at all was a relief now in the office for the past week handing out parcels to the public, the lady wife has picked up £70 on her round
crooner1981
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 19:12
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by crooner1981 »

£180, £20 marks and spencers voucher and three bottles of wine. Best year to date for me.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Theghost »

£2 Well Pleased,Had the last 2 weeks off sick and my day off tomorrow,Back in work next wednesday.
Would have got around the usual £50 i expect,They can Take my xmas bonus back off me if they want,Well worth the sacrafice having these last 2 weeks off,Lovely xmas already,Enjoy the break everyone has earned it.
:nana
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by tonytucker »

£185 bottle whisky,box chocs,4 cans guinnesss and a choc orange,f***ing love them choc oranges.double what i got last year,weather helped.
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK