Dittocustard wrote:£0
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how you doing for tips?
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Dunno why people worry, just do the job, no point hoping that people will like you enough to tip you.
-
bottletree
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
I think its more than that. I see it as a thankyou for going that extra mile during the year. I see it as a bonus for delivering in ridiculously bad weather that really we should get triple pay for doing. I see it as a simple act of human kindness that says to the postman"I know you get a regular wage and all that, but here's a tip for delivering all them ebay packets that i dont need and xmas cards i look at once and hang on the wall looking tacky".taurus88 wrote:Dunno why people worry, just do the job, no point hoping that people will like you enough to tip you.
I also see it as a bloody right cause it's a bloody hard friggin job with stupid hours and a job that a lot of people pack in the first week of doing.
Nuff said.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
£180 so far,4 bottles of wine,1 bottle of whiskey,1 bottle of southern comfort,1 box of stella bottles,one crate of carling,4 cans of belgian ale,3 tins of chocs(heroes and celebrations) and prob more to come.Musn't grumble.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: how you doing for tips?
Things are looking up! i currently have £142 and 2 presents, more than last year and more than i expected 
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
I've doubled mine today to £20 - plus a box of quality street. Not bad for a 'deprived' area, but it still wouldn't have made any difference to me had I got £0 or £100 (although the latter would have let me out-boast the resident boaster with his £90 so far). I've been on this job for 18 weeks, so I've made a positive impression on a few folk at least.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
I'm up to £15 now, I must be doing something right.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
70 squids, some Thorntons choccys and a bottle of Chardonnay!
Bit shocked to be honest, been given tips off some customers who I have barely seen since signing up to this walk in late March.
I was even happy to give my "day off cover" (it was his walk from starting as a rookie last Xmas until resign) £10, ~1/6 of my tally upto yesterday. Don't all die of shock!
Bit shocked to be honest, been given tips off some customers who I have barely seen since signing up to this walk in late March.
I was even happy to give my "day off cover" (it was his walk from starting as a rookie last Xmas until resign) £10, ~1/6 of my tally upto yesterday. Don't all die of shock!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: how you doing for tips?
So far, £125, 1 bottle of wine, 1 tin of Quality Street, some biscuits, other sweets so all in all a good year for me
And a lot of the cards saying how thankful they are for me delivering in this weather
which has made me feel a lot happier and not as grumpty as I usually am (and more likely to go that extra mile to deliver for them and not for RM).
And a lot of the cards saying how thankful they are for me delivering in this weather
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
redspartapost
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
£256 and 1 bottle of wine,little bit down on last year but not complaining as times are hard.just as happy with the cards from customers with nothing in them 
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
-
scribe
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 20 Dec 2010, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
nothing at all was a relief now in the office for the past week handing out parcels to the public, the lady wife has picked up £70 on her round
-
crooner1981
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
£180, £20 marks and spencers voucher and three bottles of wine. Best year to date for me.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
£2 Well Pleased,Had the last 2 weeks off sick and my day off tomorrow,Back in work next wednesday.
Would have got around the usual £50 i expect,They can Take my xmas bonus back off me if they want,Well worth the sacrafice having these last 2 weeks off,Lovely xmas already,Enjoy the break everyone has earned it.

Would have got around the usual £50 i expect,They can Take my xmas bonus back off me if they want,Well worth the sacrafice having these last 2 weeks off,Lovely xmas already,Enjoy the break everyone has earned it.
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: how you doing for tips?
£185 bottle whisky,box chocs,4 cans guinnesss and a choc orange,f***ing love them choc oranges.double what i got last year,weather helped.
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK