ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by not me »

stokes11eg wrote:
Indy wrote:
post_bitch wrote:£1250 last year :oops:
How does that work out... do you have 625 drops each giving you £2 or is it a few people giving like £50's?

For the record my best ever year was 2 years ago when I cleared £22.50 normally its between £10 and £20 :arrrghhh
:Very Happy Yes, I thought Post bitch only began her career with us a few months ago!!
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 47#p288047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

custard wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
Indy wrote:
post_bitch wrote:£1250 last year :oops:
How does that work out... do you have 625 drops each giving you £2 or is it a few people giving like £50's?

For the record my best ever year was 2 years ago when I cleared £22.50 normally its between £10 and £20 :arrrghhh
:Very Happy Yes, I thought Post bitch only began her career with us a few months ago!!
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 47#p288047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ah but is that just the latest incarnation of a string of shouty, non typing spanish donkeys. :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by stokes11eg »

:shock: You are not implying it could be El---C are you! H e whowent to work in the finance sector?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by fishtank »

stokes11eg wrote::shock: You are not implying it could be El---C are you! H e whowent to work in the finance sector?
No i think he was just a bit of a banker stokesy. :angel
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by vigilante »

A couple who usually give me wine or a fiver said," hang on postie just getting something for you."
She came out with a bag of windfall apples from the Autumn,obviously! i hoped she didn't hear my curses and swearing as I got back to the van.
What the f**k would I want windfall apples for, I couldnt believe it!
Quite a lot of the time the things they give you are what they don't want or they have had for ages sat there in the darkest depths of the cupbards( sorry to spoil it for you :Very Happy )
I take letters for a farmer and his mother who lives next door all through the year and one year, because I never even got a thank you off them ever, I left them hanging out of the door!
THEY RANG UP AND COMPLAINED!!!!! :shock: :shock:


One bloke in work saw £1.63 the doorstep of one house and thought that it was a very strange ammount of tip money,but he appreciated the gesture,only to findout it was the milk money !! :shock: :oops:
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by Theghost »

Post bitch,It takes a clever person to make a good liar,Shame on you,hahahaha :oops:
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by cyberheater »

Last year (my first Xmas) I got hat and gloves off some old dear, 8% bottle if white wine and an box of mint matchmakers which was ace. Plus a few quid hear and there. Not a lot really but felt good to be appreciated.
Fatboyslim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by Fatboyslim »

We always tip our postman.

If I see him - I'll give him a fiver.

I feel guilty as the missus orders loads of books of Amazon. :oops:
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by meercat »

I got a tip the other day - 'try and get them in the right door mate'. :wink:
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by Wessex »

Fatboyslim wrote:We always tip our postman.

If I see him - I'll give him a fiver.

I feel guilty as the missus orders loads of books of Amazon. :oops:
Yep fiver for the postie as well
bottletree
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
Gender: Male

Christmas tips

Post by bottletree »

I deliver to 619 houses. Only missed 1 day due to the bad weather. Been walking through 18 inches of snow at times. I go out of my way to help customers on my walk by leaving parcels with neighbours sometimes 3 or 4 doors down so they don't have to come in to collect. Always tried my best throughout the year to go that extra mile for the people i have been delivering to for the last 7 years.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.
Last edited by POSTMAN on 19 Dec 2010, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Move from customer forum and merged
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by POSTMAN »

Move from customer forum and merged lol. :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bottletree
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by bottletree »

POSTMAN wrote:Move from customer forum and merged lol. :nervous
Thankyou darling. :nana
theeggster
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by theeggster »

bottletree wrote:I deliver to 619 houses. Only missed 1 day due to the bad weather. Been walking through 18 inches of snow at times. I go out of my way to help customers on my walk by leaving parcels with neighbours sometimes 3 or 4 doors down so they don't have to come in to collect. Always tried my best throughout the year to go that extra mile for the people i have been delivering to for the last 7 years.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.
Well you know what to do from now on.Give them the service they deserve!
bottletree
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by bottletree »

theeggster wrote:
bottletree wrote:I deliver to 619 houses. Only missed 1 day due to the bad weather. Been walking through 18 inches of snow at times. I go out of my way to help customers on my walk by leaving parcels with neighbours sometimes 3 or 4 doors down so they don't have to come in to collect. Always tried my best throughout the year to go that extra mile for the people i have been delivering to for the last 7 years.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.
Well you know what to do from now on.Give them the service they deserve!
It's ok. I'm off now for xmas. Thats the best tip anyone's given me ever. We had loads of reserves in our office so 3 of us managed to get this week off. :wave