http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 47#p288047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;stokes11eg wrote:Indy wrote:How does that work out... do you have 625 drops each giving you £2 or is it a few people giving like £50's?post_bitch wrote:£1250 last year
For the record my best ever year was 2 years ago when I cleared £22.50 normally its between £10 and £20Yes, I thought Post bitch only began her career with us a few months ago!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
ah but is that just the latest incarnation of a string of shouty, non typing spanish donkeys.custard wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 47#p288047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;stokes11eg wrote:Indy wrote:How does that work out... do you have 625 drops each giving you £2 or is it a few people giving like £50's?post_bitch wrote:£1250 last year
For the record my best ever year was 2 years ago when I cleared £22.50 normally its between £10 and £20Yes, I thought Post bitch only began her career with us a few months ago!!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
No i think he was just a bit of a banker stokesy.stokes11eg wrote:You are not implying it could be El---C are you! H e whowent to work in the finance sector?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
A couple who usually give me wine or a fiver said," hang on postie just getting something for you."
She came out with a bag of windfall apples from the Autumn,obviously! i hoped she didn't hear my curses and swearing as I got back to the van.
What the f**k would I want windfall apples for, I couldnt believe it!
Quite a lot of the time the things they give you are what they don't want or they have had for ages sat there in the darkest depths of the cupbards( sorry to spoil it for you
)
I take letters for a farmer and his mother who lives next door all through the year and one year, because I never even got a thank you off them ever, I left them hanging out of the door!
THEY RANG UP AND COMPLAINED!!!!!
One bloke in work saw £1.63 the doorstep of one house and thought that it was a very strange ammount of tip money,but he appreciated the gesture,only to findout it was the milk money !!

She came out with a bag of windfall apples from the Autumn,obviously! i hoped she didn't hear my curses and swearing as I got back to the van.
What the f**k would I want windfall apples for, I couldnt believe it!
Quite a lot of the time the things they give you are what they don't want or they have had for ages sat there in the darkest depths of the cupbards( sorry to spoil it for you
I take letters for a farmer and his mother who lives next door all through the year and one year, because I never even got a thank you off them ever, I left them hanging out of the door!
THEY RANG UP AND COMPLAINED!!!!!
One bloke in work saw £1.63 the doorstep of one house and thought that it was a very strange ammount of tip money,but he appreciated the gesture,only to findout it was the milk money !!
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Post bitch,It takes a clever person to make a good liar,Shame on you,hahahaha 
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Last year (my first Xmas) I got hat and gloves off some old dear, 8% bottle if white wine and an box of mint matchmakers which was ace. Plus a few quid hear and there. Not a lot really but felt good to be appreciated.
-
Fatboyslim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
We always tip our postman.
If I see him - I'll give him a fiver.
I feel guilty as the missus orders loads of books of Amazon.
If I see him - I'll give him a fiver.
I feel guilty as the missus orders loads of books of Amazon.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
I got a tip the other day - 'try and get them in the right door mate'. 
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Yep fiver for the postie as wellFatboyslim wrote:We always tip our postman.
If I see him - I'll give him a fiver.
I feel guilty as the missus orders loads of books of Amazon.
-
bottletree
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
I deliver to 619 houses. Only missed 1 day due to the bad weather. Been walking through 18 inches of snow at times. I go out of my way to help customers on my walk by leaving parcels with neighbours sometimes 3 or 4 doors down so they don't have to come in to collect. Always tried my best throughout the year to go that extra mile for the people i have been delivering to for the last 7 years.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.
Last edited by POSTMAN on 19 Dec 2010, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Move from customer forum and merged
Reason: Move from customer forum and merged
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Move from customer forum and merged lol. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
bottletree
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Thankyou darling.POSTMAN wrote:Move from customer forum and merged lol.
-
theeggster
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Well you know what to do from now on.Give them the service they deserve!bottletree wrote:I deliver to 619 houses. Only missed 1 day due to the bad weather. Been walking through 18 inches of snow at times. I go out of my way to help customers on my walk by leaving parcels with neighbours sometimes 3 or 4 doors down so they don't have to come in to collect. Always tried my best throughout the year to go that extra mile for the people i have been delivering to for the last 7 years.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.
-
bottletree
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
It's ok. I'm off now for xmas. Thats the best tip anyone's given me ever. We had loads of reserves in our office so 3 of us managed to get this week off.theeggster wrote:Well you know what to do from now on.Give them the service they deserve!bottletree wrote:I deliver to 619 houses. Only missed 1 day due to the bad weather. Been walking through 18 inches of snow at times. I go out of my way to help customers on my walk by leaving parcels with neighbours sometimes 3 or 4 doors down so they don't have to come in to collect. Always tried my best throughout the year to go that extra mile for the people i have been delivering to for the last 7 years.
Now i know it isn't a right and i should be grateful i have such a well paid job and that i'm alive, fit and healthy blah blah. But for crying out not one bloody tip at all. A lot of the folk i deliver to are professionals and doctors etc.
Miserable sods.