You beat me to that one, just ring up from South America once in a while just too say, you still not feeling wellcoxie wrote:go sick for as long as you can get away with and just dont go back, say stress of the job
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
quitting job
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: quitting job
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: quitting job
It's not in my opinion a good idea.REDLETTER wrote:You beat me to that one, just ring up from South America once in a while just too say, you still not feeling wellcoxie wrote:go sick for as long as you can get away with and just dont go back, say stress of the job![]()
This job may be s**t at the moment but GK and his gf are taking a big life changing decision,he doesn't want to be carrying RM baggage over there with him and if god forbid it doesn't work out for him at least coming back would be an option even if it would be hard to stomach.
Plus the small fact that it would be kind of difficult to see his local doctor/hand in a sick note from South America.
Oh and it would be fraud.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: quitting job
What's a little fraud between friends?!
Besides... they can't extradite you from South America can they?!
Besides... they can't extradite you from South America can they?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
goldenknut
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 16:35
Re: quitting job
All very tempting ideas, but to my knowledge if they try to claim wages back under false pretences ie in south America, I think the post office can get the money back from what they have paid into my pension.
Have not been sick for 13 months may get sick for a week before I go, i can see that happening as will be so busy in next few weeks can see me getting run down, so easy then to catch some flu
Have not been sick for 13 months may get sick for a week before I go, i can see that happening as will be so busy in next few weeks can see me getting run down, so easy then to catch some flu
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: quitting job
Good luck, golden.goldenknut wrote:All very tempting ideas, but to my knowledge if they try to claim wages back under false pretences ie in south America, I think the post office can get the money back from what they have paid into my pension.
Have not been sick for 13 months may get sick for a week before I go, i can see that happening as will be so busy in next few weeks can see me getting run down, so easy then to catch some flu
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: quitting job
fishtank wrote:It's not in my opinion a good idea.REDLETTER wrote:You beat me to that one, just ring up from South America once in a while just too say, you still not feeling wellcoxie wrote:go sick for as long as you can get away with and just dont go back, say stress of the job![]()
This job may be s**t at the moment but GK and his gf are taking a big life changing decision,he doesn't want to be carrying RM baggage over there with him and if god forbid it doesn't work out for him at least coming back would be an option even if it would be hard to stomach.
Plus the small fact that it would be kind of difficult to see his local doctor/hand in a sick note from South America.![]()
Oh and it would be fraud.
You are much tooooooooooooooo serious!
It's amazing how sun tanned a few at our DO are when they come back off the sick!
Would he be carrying a 16kg RM Baggage?????!!!!!
I think most people who are making these life changing decisions have a bit more common sense than to pull a sickie halfway across the globe, after 20 years with RM Who would want to come back, or did you just mean to the UK!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: quitting job
Good luck to you, definitely worth a shot as far as I can see. If it all turns to poop what have you lost... a crap job run by tossers!
Sounds like a win/win situation to me
Sounds like a win/win situation to me
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
goldenknut
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 16:35
Re: quitting job
Thank you to all who have written kind words of support .
Even if I wanted to stay, the general war and tear on my body joints, from 20 years in the job, would only start to get worse.
a good dose of sun I think will do me good.that, and a few cold beers at 50 pence a bottle 
Even if I wanted to stay, the general war and tear on my body joints, from 20 years in the job, would only start to get worse.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: quitting job
Any room in your suitcase? I'd buy the first round at the other end? 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
goldenknut
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 16:35
Re: quitting job
Hi All, just an update
been here for just over a week, been fun as my Spanish is very basic, just got our home connected to the internet so will keep reading this forum.
I see on the news a lot of bad weather is on the way in the next 24 hours, I am not gloating but ok nights here are cool can even get a mild frost...but since i have been here the days have all been between 68=74f
have a nice 2 bed apartment with my gf...for about 150 pounds a month
24 bottles of local beer cost me about 7 pounds imported beer is about twice the price
12 fresh bread rolls are about 50 pence
brought a 12oz steak to cook for about 1 pound fifty
so glad to get out of the job. had done my time... over 20 years walking the streets.
please all be safe in the bad weather... and an early merry xmas to you all
I know some can not get out of the job, but this is the best thing I have ever done
no stress and this warmer weather have not had my usual pains in back and knees I been getting on a cold December morning in uk
kind regards goldenknut in S americia
been here for just over a week, been fun as my Spanish is very basic, just got our home connected to the internet so will keep reading this forum.
I see on the news a lot of bad weather is on the way in the next 24 hours, I am not gloating but ok nights here are cool can even get a mild frost...but since i have been here the days have all been between 68=74f
have a nice 2 bed apartment with my gf...for about 150 pounds a month
24 bottles of local beer cost me about 7 pounds imported beer is about twice the price
12 fresh bread rolls are about 50 pence
brought a 12oz steak to cook for about 1 pound fifty
so glad to get out of the job. had done my time... over 20 years walking the streets.
please all be safe in the bad weather... and an early merry xmas to you all
I know some can not get out of the job, but this is the best thing I have ever done
no stress and this warmer weather have not had my usual pains in back and knees I been getting on a cold December morning in uk
kind regards goldenknut in S americia
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: quitting job
Cheers, goldenknut, as I read that it made me smile ( with some jealousy as well
), but I'm glad you're enjoying the change of scene & I hope it continues to work out well for you & hey, don't be a stranger to these pages

I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
mucker
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 14:12
- Gender: Female
- Location: cloud cookoo land
Re: quitting job
reading your post as my knees are playing up and plenty off stress from royal fail,best of luck to you jammy gitno stress and this warmer weather have not had my usual pains in back and knees
"I have opinions of my own –strong opinions– but I don’t always agree with them"
Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie
"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie
"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...