ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how you doing for tips?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
redspartapost
Posts: 151
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by redspartapost »

£135 so far,of which £50 came today have also been given a trainee for next 2 weeks :dance
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Judgee »

redspartapost wrote:£135 so far,of which £50 came today have also been given a trainee for next 2 weeks :dance

Excellent that's ya D2Ds taken care of for Xmas then! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Darren Bent »

Nothing this year and my walks is full of Doctors. I am on it for three weeks (Done 1.5) as the guy who do it is doing night duty.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wiganpostie wrote:Fifteen quid and a box of choccies so far. Ten quid of that was from a customer on my old duty who handed it to their current postie, and I don't anticipate getting much more as the duty I am currently on is full of work-dodging, gate-tying, dog-imitating, night-walking, morning-avoiding wastes of skin.


OMG your delivering the exact twin of my duty.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:Fifteen quid and a box of choccies so far. Ten quid of that was from a customer on my old duty who handed it to their current postie, and I don't anticipate getting much more as the duty I am currently on is full of work-dodging, gate-tying, dog-imitating, night-walking, morning-avoiding wastes of skin.


OMG your delivering the exact twin of my duty.
You two are so judgemental - do you not realise how hard life is laying bed until luchtime, how the wrists and thumbs ache from having to incessantly play top of the range games on up to the minute games consoles...............honestly you two have it so easy tramping the streets in all weathers and being given gifts :whistle
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by taurus88 »

My walk ain't much better, I don't know how people can still be in bed at 1pm. Latest I've ever managed is 11.54am - unsurprisingly, that's a record set recently.
dre33dd
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by dre33dd »

today was MONUMENTAL!!
14 TIPS IN ONE BLOCK ALONE!!!
we might be eating this xmas!!
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Exrep »

Bottle of italian white wine and i very rarely drink but its better than a kick in the bolloxs i suppose
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Exrep wrote:Bottle of italian white wine and i very rarely drink but its better than a kick in the bolloxs i suppose
I give the alcohol to my driver.
It means I usually get my drop bags when I need them and where I need them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Exrep »

Good idea clash never thought of that .

Hopefully he will be well chuffed if not tough the ungrateful so and so
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
thevardinator
Posts: 165
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by thevardinator »

I got £5 last year. Now I'm back on my "usual" round over Christmas, which I did for about 5 months last year, I'm back up to £5 again!

Nice old lady, friendly smile off her everyday and now a Christmas tip, Britain isn't all so bad.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Godric »

£250 so far ... normally around the £600 mark ... quite a few deliveries get near £1k ... 1 certian delivery gets £1.5k or more
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by dohnut »

Godric wrote:£250 so far ... normally around the £600 mark ... quite a few deliveries get near £1k ... 1 certian delivery gets £1.5k or more
Bullshit, cant believe anyone gets £1000 in tips.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by OnAFlyer »

dohnut wrote:
Godric wrote:£250 so far ... normally around the £600 mark ... quite a few deliveries get near £1k ... 1 certian delivery gets £1.5k or more
Bullshit, cant believe anyone gets £1000 in tips.
You would have to add 15 walks together in my office to get near that! I get around £150 but i'v been doing the walk over 8 years. The average is around £50 per walk. less than 10p per house :chuckle
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by da'bunny »

£35 so far, normally get about £120. Tips seem very slow in coming this year so im not expecting too much :neutral:
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.