ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how you doing for tips?
-
redspartapost
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
£135 so far,of which £50 came today have also been given a trainee for next 2 weeks 
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: how you doing for tips?
redspartapost wrote:£135 so far,of which £50 came today have also been given a trainee for next 2 weeks
Excellent that's ya D2Ds taken care of for Xmas then!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: how you doing for tips?
Nothing this year and my walks is full of Doctors. I am on it for three weeks (Done 1.5) as the guy who do it is doing night duty.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: how you doing for tips?
wiganpostie wrote:Fifteen quid and a box of choccies so far. Ten quid of that was from a customer on my old duty who handed it to their current postie, and I don't anticipate getting much more as the duty I am currently on is full of work-dodging, gate-tying, dog-imitating, night-walking, morning-avoiding wastes of skin.
OMG your delivering the exact twin of my duty.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
You two are so judgemental - do you not realise how hard life is laying bed until luchtime, how the wrists and thumbs ache from having to incessantly play top of the range games on up to the minute games consoles...............honestly you two have it so easy tramping the streets in all weathers and being given giftsTrueBlueTerrier wrote:wiganpostie wrote:Fifteen quid and a box of choccies so far. Ten quid of that was from a customer on my old duty who handed it to their current postie, and I don't anticipate getting much more as the duty I am currently on is full of work-dodging, gate-tying, dog-imitating, night-walking, morning-avoiding wastes of skin.
OMG your delivering the exact twin of my duty.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
My walk ain't much better, I don't know how people can still be in bed at 1pm. Latest I've ever managed is 11.54am - unsurprisingly, that's a record set recently.
-
dre33dd
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
today was MONUMENTAL!!
14 TIPS IN ONE BLOCK ALONE!!!
we might be eating this xmas!!
14 TIPS IN ONE BLOCK ALONE!!!
we might be eating this xmas!!
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Bottle of italian white wine and i very rarely drink but its better than a kick in the bolloxs i suppose
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16738
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: how you doing for tips?
I give the alcohol to my driver.Exrep wrote:Bottle of italian white wine and i very rarely drink but its better than a kick in the bolloxs i suppose
It means I usually get my drop bags when I need them and where I need them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Good idea clash never thought of that .
Hopefully he will be well chuffed if not tough the ungrateful so and so
Hopefully he will be well chuffed if not tough the ungrateful so and so
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
I got £5 last year. Now I'm back on my "usual" round over Christmas, which I did for about 5 months last year, I'm back up to £5 again!
Nice old lady, friendly smile off her everyday and now a Christmas tip, Britain isn't all so bad.
Nice old lady, friendly smile off her everyday and now a Christmas tip, Britain isn't all so bad.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: how you doing for tips?
£250 so far ... normally around the £600 mark ... quite a few deliveries get near £1k ... 1 certian delivery gets £1.5k or more
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Bullshit, cant believe anyone gets £1000 in tips.Godric wrote:£250 so far ... normally around the £600 mark ... quite a few deliveries get near £1k ... 1 certian delivery gets £1.5k or more
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
You would have to add 15 walks together in my office to get near that! I get around £150 but i'v been doing the walk over 8 years. The average is around £50 per walk. less than 10p per housedohnut wrote:Bullshit, cant believe anyone gets £1000 in tips.Godric wrote:£250 so far ... normally around the £600 mark ... quite a few deliveries get near £1k ... 1 certian delivery gets £1.5k or more
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: how you doing for tips?
£35 so far, normally get about £120. Tips seem very slow in coming this year so im not expecting too much 
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.