ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by Stormproof »

baldrick wrote:You are allowed to have a second job as lonh as it doesn't affect your employment with RM.
But you are not allowed to work for a competitor.
Though I recall Stormproof saying that a TNT employee worked on Saturdays for RM at her DO.
Blimey Baldrick you've a good memory :shock:
I always thought we were'nt allowed to work for a competitor, mail integrity as someone else suggested.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by baldrick »

Stormproof wrote:Blimey Baldrick you've a good memory :shock:
I do remember conversations from 20 years ago or more, which sometimes comes in useful in arguments.
I have been told I may have a mild form oi autism - I don't know if that is a symptom.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Blimey Baldrick you've a good memory :shock:
I do remember conversations from 20 years ago or more, which sometimes comes in useful in arguments.
I have been told I may have a mild form oi autism - I don't know if that is a symptom.
Yes.......I can probably recall conversations of 40 years ago...............the final word being, No! :cool
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by krussel »

dvbuk55 wrote:
baldrick wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Blimey Baldrick you've a good memory :shock:
I do remember conversations from 20 years ago or more, which sometimes comes in useful in arguments.
I have been told I may have a mild form oi autism - I don't know if that is a symptom.
Yes.......I can probably recall conversations of 40 years ago...............the final word being, No! :cool
That reminds me a lot of my ex wife :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
baldrick wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Blimey Baldrick you've a good memory :shock:
I do remember conversations from 20 years ago or more, which sometimes comes in useful in arguments.
I have been told I may have a mild form oi autism - I don't know if that is a symptom.
Yes.......I can probably recall conversations of 40 years ago...............the final word being, No! :cool
That reminds me a lot of my ex wife :nana
:chuckle I don't think I know your ex kruss. :nervous
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Just make sure you've got the right uniform on. :Very Happy
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by 97gaz »

I'
Last edited by 97gaz on 28 Apr 2020, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by wacko74 »

On a related note the DHL guy who delivers around our area reguarly calls into our D.O. to ask for directions or for help with incomplete addresses...
I personally dont have a problem with it, he seems a decent enough bloke just trying to make a living, even if he is working for one of our so called competitors.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by TeeferTiger »

wacko74 wrote:On a related note the DHL guy who delivers around our area reguarly calls into our D.O. to ask for directions or for help with incomplete addresses...
I personally dont have a problem with it, he seems a decent enough bloke just trying to make a living, even if he is working for one of our so called competitors.
One of the guys I work with refuses to give them directions lol And the DHL guy that delivers around there, just walks into the D.O. through the staff doors, doesn't even stand there and knock and wait like the customers do (we don't have a callers office, just a bell at the door).
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Is it illegal to work for Royal Mail and DHL

Post by BELIAL »

Any slave found guilty of working for two masters will be subject to the most severe reprimand
Bye