ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
baleout
Posts: 122
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by baleout »

POSTMAN wrote:Twas trouble at mill today,couldn't get hold of the actual brief,anyone got a copy for clarification?

Does a definitive brief exist or are DOMs just putting their own interpretation on a vague instruction from more senior management again?
baleout
Posts: 122
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by baleout »

boo
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

baleout wrote:boo
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by Exrep »

Customer was moaning at me the other day on this matter so I told him to pop down to D/O with a written letter saying to leave parcels if out at number so and so,s I even helped him write it.

Any hows he comes back from D/O and I said to him is everything sorted now ,he went on to explain that his letter wasn't excepted and the DIM told him we could no longer leave at designated house.

Thank god I don't work in the reg bay,another nail in our coffin.

Im sure this directive came from the regulator but I could well be wrong im sure if I am I will be corrected.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

The regulator told RM to tighten the procedure for compensation for lost/misplaced/stolen parcels and packets - I think RM have used draconian measures to fulfil the directive. The compensation wasn't an inconsiderable amount, it may have been as much as 40 million over the year. We had the instructions months ago probably September or even August.

I mean the wheelie bin syndrome is a no no but next door in a reputable area, in an area well known by the postie, in a porch with a door, round the back in a shed/greenhouse - lets get real. There is of course those who will say they haven't had the parcel when they have, probably more so now with ebay.
mma83
Posts: 92
Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: B'Ham

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by mma83 »

If never briefed re this, I presume i'm o.k to carry on leaving in safeplaces/neighbours etc???? Saying that, I don't think us p/timers get any sort of info re procedures :confused
baleout
Posts: 122
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by baleout »

mma83 wrote:If never briefed re this, I presume i'm o.k to carry on leaving in safeplaces/neighbours etc???? Saying that, I don't think us p/timers get any sort of info re procedures :confused

Nope. Safeplaces and neighbours is a big no no . I suggest they use another carrier. One that gives the customers what they want !
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: RM losing business by having to 739 everything ?

Post by POSTMAN »

Better late than never,sorry...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=34141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.